What was your first home computer?

pmartin252

Who Blu Supermod
Premium Supporter
Nov 26, 2010
Altea, Spain
What kind of computer did you fist use at home, and how did the makes and models progress over the years?

I'll get the ball rolling....

I bought a ready built Sinclair ZX81 in.... 1981, B&W, silent, "bubble" keyboard, 4k of ram, programs saved to casette.
Next I had a Sinclair Spectrum - colour, sound, 16k of ram.
Then an Atari 800, plug in ram boards, real keyboard, floppy disc drive.
Later an Atari ST, proper monitor, can't remember how much ram!
Finally my first proper Windows PC in 1992!
Now we have, a tower PC, a laptop and a netbook. inc. things such as 1.5TB hard drive, wifi printer, etc etc.

What about you?

I don't remember the exact model, but it was a Macintosh, in roughly 1986, that we got for free. I pretty much only used it to play monopoly and some pool game.

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk

I was too young to remember but it was also a MacIntosh in about 1993 I think. Next one was a HP Pavilion desktop setup in 1998 I think that I remember my Dad paying like $4K EEK! for from Computer City before they closed (no more in Canada, not sure about US).

First computer in the house was a TRS-80 Model 2.
trs80ii.jpg

Our next computer was a TRS-80 Model 4.
Model4L.jpg

Next was our IBM IIc.
ibm_pc_junior.jpg

Next was our IBM PS/2 55SX.
ps255sx.jpg

From then on it was a custom Compaq running Windows 3.0 then Windows 95. I don't remember the model number.

Then everything became complete custom computers built by myself.

Reactions: steelbook95060
I don't remember the exact model but it was an apple computer. It was in 1989 i played on it with my father.

Since that date i'm an apple addict

My very first computer was a HP Pavilion back in 2000. I got the whole package which came with the monitor, speakers, keyboard and mouse,

the very first computer i owned i built myself (with help from a friend)
i think it was like a P3,with windows 98.
but then again im still running XP on a home built system.
i think shop built are a waste of money

Ah yes! I also had a Speccy 48K. Loved it to bits and played tons of games. Still do, but not on the Speccy. On emulators. :)

Well, considering my age I did not get to explore the really ol' computers lol. But I did get to experience Windows '98 so the first computer I tried was about that time, I can't remember which though.
My first very own computer was a HP dv7 17" laptop. What a piece of crap that was. I got myself a MacBook Pro now so I'm good. :)

Apple ][e in 1983. Took me about a year and I was programming my own simple games.

I still have it and it booted up last time I tried it about 8 years ago. I was going to actually try it again soon. I'm backing the Wasteland 2 project and I just found my original Wasteland game. I wanted to see if it would still play on the ][e.

Can't remember the exact model it was a windows PC and was purchased around 93/94 if anyone remembers a shop called tempos , damn I thought it was the bxxxxx and my parents payed a small fortune for it back then .

Now running

27 iMac 2014
13 mbpr 2014
And many other things

I too had the original ZX Spectrum as my first home computer, I just loved that you waited 30mins for a game to load, then just as it was finishing you would get the dreaded 'Load Error'