Horror Chat Why can't we get more TV stations like Monsters HD?

Oct 4, 2016
Every time we hit the month of October (when horror is in full swing), I'm sadly reminded of a satellite station that had me covered 24/7/365; Monsters HD.

Broadcasting only horror and sci-fi programs, unedited and in HD, it was a channel I could have on in the background and always be content. One of the great things about this channel is that they actually went through the process of digitally processing and restoring the films in their library. We're talking about HD versions of films that didn't have a Blu-ray release (or even planned release) on television. In the early days of HD programming, this was pretty amazing and I think it's still impressive. Sadly when Monsters HD ended, so did my interest in keeping satellite programming. I took control of my programming again with just watching DVD's, Blu-rays and streams of what was available.

I'm curious, since I'm new to this site, how many people remember Monsters HD? I know other channels exist out there (I'm looking at you Chiller), but their programming has never appealed to me the way Monsters HD did. Are they any good alternatives nowadays that might make me consider subscribing to cable or satellite service again?