Why DVDs and Blu-rays are still around...

Next time someone asks why you are still collecting physical media of movies, use the points in this article to back up our hobby - http://www.vox.com/culture/2016/12/27/14057894/physical-media-essential-streaming-dvd-bluray-netflix
Really great article. Physical media will always be superior. I love buying editions and displaying them on my shelf. Always enjoy looking at my collection and how big its grown in my 3.5 years of collecting. Before that i bought dvds for around 12 years but when i discovered blu ray limited and collector editions i started buying blu ray. I will never change over to digital. It will always be physical media for me.

• Thanks
Reactions: ash333
In a lot of countries there are lots of demand for DVD. Mainly because its still a digital medium and and its affordable. Despite a vast improvement on Blu Ray and even 4K, people dont always have the money to invest in newer formats.

There are also lots of TV shows that are simply not possible to transfer to Blu Ray especially when master tapes were not correctly filmed.

One such example i can think of the top of my head is MacGyver.