Will Smith To Remake Annie - With Daughter Willow In The Title Role!

Apr 17, 2009
San Diego, CA
Will Smith is reported to be looking to produce a remake of the classic musical Annie - with his daughter Willow in the title role!

The actor, and his company Overbrook Entertainment, are developing the project with Sony, and have even reached out to Jay-Z, and have asked him to create original music for the flick, which is thought at this point to be a contemporary adaptation.

However, there's no word yet on whether or not it will feature any of the musical's original songs.

He is really going all out to shove his kids in show biz huh? Although to be fair The Karate Kid was decent. That kid Willow is no singer, that whole whip my hair song is a just a voice over that kid is not a singer.

The Karate Kid made 300 million dollar's...who's to blame for that?..

people will pay to see stupid remake's,just not me.

I liked the Karate Kid remake a lot better than the original. I thought the original was boring...

I'm not sure how she'll do in this role... She's not a very good singer from what i've seen, but then again neither is her dad... but he sure tried to put out a lot of music.

I liked the Karate Kid remake a lot better than the original. I thought the original was boring...

I'm not sure how she'll do in this role... She's not a very good singer from what i've seen, but then again neither is her dad... but he sure tried to put out a lot of music.

Blasphemy!

Pat Morita > Jackie Chan

Although, to each their own.

Yeah, his daughter isn't a very good singer. I am telling you that's a voice over in that whip my hair vid. That's not that 9 year old.

i think he needs to leave remakes alone karate kid was ok but the original karate kid was great.

he needs to do a whole new movie