[Winner Chosen] Star Wars Prequel Trilogy Steelbook

schrute farms

Adamantium Ninja
Premium Supporter
Apr 23, 2013
DFW, Texas
I ordered a SW PT Steelbook from Amazon.UK and the one I received was "damaged", so I requested a replacement and they let me keep the defective one. Once again, I figured I could give back to this wonderful HDN community. Please keep in mind that this steel is sealed and unopened, but I would not consider it MINT. It will be free however, and will only cost you actual shipping charges via carrier of your choice.

Winner Chosen! - Congratulations Bobafettish66! Honorable mention to Jaws finatic

What you have to do to be eligible to win:

1. Be a member with more than 30 non-spam posts at the start of the contest
2. Tell me what you would have done to make the Prequel Movies better. Anything from plot/storyline improvements to casting choices. ***Please no Jar-Jar references. Everyone knows he is the worst thing about TPM and AOTC. Be creative!***

Winner will be chosen by me on September 15th.

IMG_3739_zpsba48ff58.jpg~original

IMG_3738_zps98cd540d.jpg~original

Last edited:
I'd remove all the political and trade nonsense. It just drags the 1st movie down

edit : and thanks :)

Last edited:
Fantastic, thanks for the giveaway :)

I personally enjoyed these films apart from the 'he that shan't be named' character ;) I would have improved the films by including Samuel L Jackson into more scenes :D

Thanks so much for the opportunity, sounds great!

I think the first two movies are too kid-friendly and action figures oriented. It felt like they really wanted to milk that cash cow with some unnecessary character and plot devices that added nothing to the mythos, i.e.: the pod race, the droid army, etc.

The third and last film of the prequel, even though darker, elevated the series a bit. As much as the original trilogy had the Ewoks and was light-hearted, it still took the audience seriously and didn't alienate the older audience.

Just my two cents ;)

I would rehire most of the cast. No Hayden Christensen or Ewan McGregor, cut down the love scenes from AOTC and delete the Nooooooooooo from Darth Vader in his "birth scene". I'd also include more Palpatine scenes, especially when he's properly evil. Oh and I wouldn't have killed off Darth Maul.

Damn I woulda changed alot!

Thanks for the giveaway!

thanks for the giveaway,

honestly I would have had GL go back to his roots and not rely as much on CGI. For the original trilogy he invented a majority of the technology. Now I understand 30 years had passed but he made the prequels too clean in my opinion.

Also the technology the characters used in the movie just seemed far more advanced than in episodes IV-VI. Though you could attribute that to the war, I again think GL should have tried to close the gap as it were

Thanks for this giveaway! It s quite a nice prize we have here. You rocks!

Personnaly, I would have include a sex scène for Yoda.

I would have recast Hayden Christensen cause he is very boring and replace him with someone like Matt Damon.

I would have cut the love scènes between him and Nathalie Portman, and would have changed the end.... The battle in the lava is not well done. I would have prefered something more mystical for the birth of Dark Vador...

Nice Giveaway, thnx!

Well, if only the movies had the feel of the older star wars movies, then they would be better. You know, give them that old look and feeling somehow. But less green-screen action, more real locations and then.... Darth Maul was bad ass, they let him die too soon!
Then there are the politic's and Treaty's, could have done with less of that, much less!
Then... yeah, some casting wasn't really good. Some characters where simply not needed.
Then, look at some of the ship's, they are way more advanced and shiny then the original movies, that isn't right, is it?
And in short... the movies are about the adventures of an annoying kid who somehow inexplicably turnes into Darth Vader.

Awesome give away!

I would've removed most of the politics of the 2nd movie. If I wanted to watch that I would watch Mr. Smith Goes to Washington.

Honestly, I would use more "old fashion" special effects, and less CGI, so everything would look more real. Mixing a bit of CGI with real models.

Oh man another chance to win one of these was so bummed when i didn't win the last one and my wife won't let me buy it because its my birthday this month and I am not allowed to buy things in August.

First off I think they started the prequels too early, we don't really need to see Anakin as a little boy and that adds in having to cast a child actor always tough. I think the prequels should have opened right in the middle of the clone wars. Massive space battle with Jedi and clones and in the middle of it a young cocky arrogant Anakin Skywalker ends up saving Obi-Wan Kenobi's life. Obi wan impressed with how good of a pilot and how strong Anakin is in the force decides to take him on as an apprentice even though Anakin is 17-18 and despite the counsels advise not too. This allows you to have a young arrogant Anakin and Obi_wan trying to mentor him and allows you to start the movies with a great battle.

I also think you need a good villain, Darth Maul would have been great but he they killed him off too soon. One of the great things about 4-6 is you have Vader a great Villain to tie all the movies together something the prequels lacked. He was a force throughout you were missing that in the prequels. You had Maul and Sideous and General Gevious and Count Dooku too many villains and none getting forefront. I think you take Maul and flesh his character out and make him this great villain that is harassing and terrorizing the Jedi and then in Episode III you can reveal Palpatine as the Emperor pulling the strings all along on Maul. Also you then could have a fantastic duel between Maul and Vader where Vader takes the place of Maul as the Emperors new apprentice. I think you want it post Vader after Anakin and Obi-Wan fight (this fight scene was probably the single best of all the movies and the best part of the prequels you gotta leave it in). So a great fight scene between Maul and Vader and Vader wins and then you could end the movie with him kneeling to the Emperor as the new sith apprentice great way to lead into the next 3 movies.

Also take out a lot of the political intrigue and put more action in, Maul attacking Jedi, clones and jedi in space battles. Maybe introduce the wookies in Episode II and have some great wookie and clone battles and you can see the empire chaining and making slaves out of the wookies ala the books and how Han eventually rescues Chewie.

Also not try so hard to tie everything together not everything needs to fit. Anakin doesn't need to build C3po or be friends with R2D2. You can have threepio and r2 but they don't have to tie together so much. Do away with silly plot lines like the midi clorians. Also I probably wouldn't introduce Chewie for the same reason you don't need everything to fit.

Streamline the movies make them more about how Anakin constantly fighting the clones and Maul and finds himself getting darker and darker. How he feels they can't win unless he uses the dark side as Maul is killing his friends his fellow Jedi. You could have a great arguement with him and Obi-wan how they can't win unless they are willing to use the dark side which eventually leads to their climatic battle as Anakin just goes to far. You could use the betrayal he feels from Obi-wan as the final straw to him turning to the dark side and him killing Maul as his ascension to a sith lord. Also I would have Maul kill Padme hence Anakin going after Maul and killing him. That might work better than Anakin has turned to the dark side after killing someone and him and Obi-wan face off. Both work well not sure which I would go with I like both options.

Last edited:
Wow! Another awesome giveaway! Thank you!

I did not mind the prequel movies. The only thing I hated was episode 2 for the sole reason that Anakin's character acted like a brat. He was a calm & collected kid in Ep 1 & quite sinister in Ep 3. Perhaps a combination of the two sides would have helped in associating him with Vader.

Jar Jar was hated by many. Not sure why. Since the droids were only beginning, the movie needed its comic relief. Jar Jar was the eligable choice.

Good luck everyone!

I think Anakin started off too young, but if I could change one thing it would be the casting of Jake Lloyd as Anakin in Phantom Menace, I thought his acting was awful.

Thanks for the giveaway

Last edited: