[Winner chosen] The Prestige - Zavvi Exclusive Steelbook

toonminator

BANNED
Jul 1, 2013
After I watched Christopher Nolan's The Prestige in cinema I immediately went to see it again the day after. :scat: Nolan's puzzly script combined with the great source material, good acting and exciting time period just did it for me!

I'm giving away my spare Zavvi Steelbook release of this great film. It has a small dent on the front right. It's hard to photograph but it's easily noticable IRL. The card has a tear in the blue bar. You could consider taking the risk of pushing it out since I will pay for track&trace shipping :cool:

Pictures:
mu9wg8.jpg

30c25ub.jpg

k0r9kl.jpg

{param}{param}

RickB84 is the winner!

The next question could be: does it even matter whether he was dreaming? I got inspired by (ofcourse) the film but also this great lecture of Kyle Johnson

I will select the winner on February 1, 2014.

Last edited by a moderator:
Very nice give-away :thumbs:

I like to believe Cobb wasn't dreaming anymore. The children at the end had slightly different close and more importantly, he wasn't wearing his wedding ring. The totem belonged to Mal which made the audience believe that it was an indicator of Cobb's dream or his reality but the wedding ring was Cobb's 'totem' imo. It was always there on his finger subconsciously in his dream, whether he realized it or not.

For me, Cobb wasn't dreaming at the end. As pointed out above, the totem was not his so I don't think he was dreaming. Great film though, will have to watch it again soon (maybe I'll change my mind, hehe).

I think no the top wobbles and I am sure it was going to fall down but then again who knows maybe not even Nolan. I love ambiguous endings lets the fans make up there own minds on it.

Thank you for the giveaway.

Love Inception, one of my favorite movies of all time.

To answer your question, no, I don't think he was dreaming, you could see the totem started falling at the very end. Yeah, some might think it wasn't but I'm positive it was. For me, he finally reunited with his family.

This is a great explanation as well:

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the giveaway.

Yes, I think he was dreaming,
because the kids haven't aged... and they're wearing the same clothes.

Last edited:
I don't know as I haven't seen either flick. I don't own Prestige so I am hoping to add that to my collection. I had too many preorders and Prestige was one to go, so count me in. ;)

Thank you for the giveaways

i'm certain that he's dreaming. Hell, we all are in a dream & will wake up someday with the knowledge of absolute TRUTH :D

thanks for the giveaway.

absolutely love this movie and have watched it numerous times. have never really considered he was still dreaming due to the spinning top beginning to wabble, but others make a good point that perhaps he had moved up in his dream cycle. love the thought that perhaps his wife is alive and her death moved her out of the dream state.

definitely need to watch this again with a new state of mind. as for now, officially, i believe he was finally awake.

Reactions: toonminator
I think he was still dreaming. He believed the top continuing to spin was a reminder to wake up but what he failed to realize is that the top was the cue to wake up that he created in his dream within a dream. When he woke up from that dream, he was unaware that he was still dreaming and it had been so long that he forgot which cue he used to realize he was still dreaming.

Thanks for the give-away

"Cobb knew it was freedom before all...
So he took on Saito's mission in order to stand-tall
Did what he had to do, so for a few he could ball...
And live the life like in his dreams, where you just win by default..."

I've always thought it was a flashback of a previous dream finally becoming a reality.

Thanks for the give-away!