[WINNERS CHOSEN] Digitalbabe's 3 $25 Amazon Giftcard bonanza-movies that suck, movies that rock!

Status
Not open for further replies.

digitalbabe

Premium Supporter
Apr 12, 2009
USA
Per random.org the winners are:

Amazon GC1 @darklocke
Amazon GC2 @pi2loc
Amazon GC3 @snoopcat1987

ninja-week-18-top.png

amazon1.jpg

Hello Ninjas!

Welcome to NINJA WEEK 2018!

In this personal giveaway, post a short movie review of the last film you saw in the theater or at home.

(3) winners will pick a gift card for any Amazon site at the coclusion of the contest on 2/25/2018.

Good luck ninjas!
#bestweekever #ninjaweek #hidefninja

Don't forget to download your free HDN Wallpaper here!

HDN wallpaper.png

Last edited:
Blade Runne 2049 : Visually impressive movie but the story was average.

Thanks for the giveaway!

Last film I saw was L'amant double, Francois Ozon's newest film. Visually captivating psycho sexual thriller that reminded me of Cronenberg's Dead ringers in Ozon's style. Would recommend!

Black Panther is the last movie I saw in theatres (yesterday).

I really liked the integration of African culture and thought it was a solid movie. Although it doesn't have as much comedy as some of the other recent marvels, it still has its moments. Overall i think it was a very solid edition to the MCU and was a great way to learn about a character who i originally though was "just a guy in a panther suit." it was nice to learn about his background and the root of his power.

would recommend to everyone and anyone, not just people who have watched all the movies.

Little Evil on Netflix. It's a pretty good film, not a master piece or stand out, but it kept me chuckling throughout. It lost it's way a little towards the end and didn't run away with the theme as much as i'd have liked. It was made more entertaining by becoming a parent and dreading my child becoming an anti-christ haha.

Thanks!

Thanks for this giveaway @digitalbabe !

Last movie I saw was Justice League and I didn´t like it at all. Looks like a computer game, special effects very bad, weak plot and lazy dialogs, thumbs down big time! 3/10

Molly's Game

I think it's truly a shame this movie didn't get the attention it deserved. Jessica Chastain naturally gives a brilliant performance that should've been nominated, Aaron Sorkin's witty and fast paced dialogue naturally shines through and even for a near two and half hour run time, I surprised to realize that I was never bored. Solid 8.5/10

Thanks for the giveaway @digitalbabe

Black Panther (as its new I’ll post it in a spoiler)

Was refreshing In the sense it didn’t feel like a normal marvel film but it just didn’t have enough to wow me. Entertaining, yes and worth the watch (and to add to the marvel collection) but it was missing somthing. Cool suit though

Oh and the worst CGI rhinos ever. Laughable bad

VERTIGO

Since I had not seen this classic I decided to do so and was not disappointed. It's not a 5/5 movie for me personally though .. sorry :0
It has great characters and the suspense was very well build up as we're used to from Hitchcock but at times there were some lengths. The camera work is great and the locations are nice to look at and add to the overall feeling. The ending of course is one of it's own or one that did the preliminary work for many, many similar thrillers that came after.

Jack Reacher: Never go Back (yesterday, while zapping between this and Olympics Figure Skating -> GO CANADA GO!)
Overall, a nice action movie. The whole "daughter" thing was kind over-the-top all the way thru the movie, but Cobie Smulders steals the show! This lady is such a badass AND a strong female, she reminded me why I wanted to see much more of her in Avengers serie!

I rewatched Blade Runner: 2049 last night-

I’ve got to say- my feelings on it only get better.
The only fault that I have with this film is that it is heavily focused on the characters from the original Blade Runner film. 2049 is a sleek, methodically paced film that transcends the block buster genre in to truly being an artistically driven film. 2049 takes the beautiful world of the original Blade Runner- and populates it with compelling characters that are tortured both physically and psychologically throughout the film. This whole idea of ‘more human than human’ really places a burden of societal guilt upon the creators of life.

Recently watched Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri. If you like dark-twisted humour and an emotional ride with thrilling performances by a great cast with seeable chemistry between them, this is the movie for you. Great storyline and the execution with its slow focus on characters rather than forced elements like you see in lots of films these days, this one is a little gem to watch. Highly recommendable!

Thanks for the giveaway! :thumbs:

Oh god, this could get embarrassing....

The last film I saw at the cinema was 50 shades freed on Saturday just gone with the other half, I’m not ashamed to say I actually quite enjoy the 50 shades movies (I haven’t read the books though lol!) unfortunately freed was a bit of a let down,, it’s asif they tried cramming 2 or 3movies into one. The sex scenes had absolutely no build up and the story seems very rushed and all over the placed.

Wedding, argue, sex scene, house, sex scene, car chase, sex scene, the end sort of thing.

Just my opinion but still a must see if you enjoyed the first 2 (or the mrs is forcing you ;) )

I just saw Hostels. It was good and violent. I wasn't sure it would be conceding that I just went to see it after another movie was sold out. I would recomment it. I was just the right about of sad and grief and violents that you need in a modern day cowboys and Indians movie.

The most recent movie I watched that impressed me the most was 'IT'
I thought it was brilliant.
Its much more than just a horror movie there's depth to the characters I liked that they all had their own back story.The guy who played pennywise is fantastic, Scary, funny, unpredictable and brought great physicality to the role. It's brilliantly directed and perfectly paced. One Of the best movies I've seen for a long time. Highly recommended
Thanks for the giveaway :thumbs:

Last film I watched in the theater was Jumanji 2! :thumbs: I enjoyed the hell out of it because you can tell the actors were having fun making the film! :rofl: Jack Black was the BEST! :woot: I was also a huge fan of the video game concept. Hopefully the 3rd film will be as good as this one! :cool:

Thanks again for the amazing Give-Away @digitalbabe! :notworthy:

And I LOVE that wallpaper, it's on my desktop! :drool:
hdn wallpaper.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.