4.50 star(s) Rating: 4.50/5 2 Votes
Title: Wonder Woman

Tagline: Power. Grace. Wisdom. Wonder.

Genre: Action, Adventure, Fantasy

Director: Patty Jenkins

Cast: Gal Gadot, Chris Pine, Connie Nielsen and Robin Wright

Release: 2017-05-30

Runtime: 141

Plot: An Amazon princess comes to the world of Man in the grips of the First World War to confront the forces of evil and bring an end to human conflict.

Just got out of a screening of this and I really enjoyed it. This review may seem a little critical but just keep in mind great movies can have some flaws. The color scheme was was much more vibrant than the earlier DC cinematic universe films and I think that added a lot to not only the innocence of Wonder Woman but also made the viewing much more visually stimulating.The chemistry between Gal Gadot and Chris Pine was palpable. They also both thrived in the "fish out of water" situations they found themselves in. The humor was there and Chris Pine exhibited his impeccable timing in the delivery of several of those sequences. This film suffers from that which often plagues Marvel films, where the villains were very underdeveloped. Also the pacing was a little jumpy and the ending seemed a little rushed. The final battle had a a BvS and MoS fight scene vibe which for me took a little away since all of the other fight scenes in the movie seemed much more grounded and more visually stunning. All that being said it is hands down my favorite of the recent DC films. In the end, Wonder Woman was well worth the price of admission.

WW has everything you want to see in a superhero movie. The chemistry between Gal and Chris is funny and touching as are the supporting cast who come along for the ride. 5 stars :thumbs:
IMAX poster given out before showing.
2017-06-01 22.38.23.jpg

Just seen it. Loved it. Wondered what they were gonna do with Doctor Poison and Aries but it worked well even if Aries was mis-cast.

Chris Pine was really good as Steve Trevor (Trevor even got to ride his bike!) and I got fanboy goose bumps at the whole 'No Mans Land' sequence. Plus I don't think I fully appreciated how beautiful gal Gadot truly is until I saw this.

Lots of politics in there but nothing overboard and I think it added to the narrative constructivly. Hugely enjoyable and the 2hrs 20 flew by!

Just got out of a screening of this and I really enjoyed it. This review may seem a little critical but just keep in mind great movies can have some flaws. The color scheme was was much more vibrant than the earlier DC cinematic universe films and I think that added a lot to not only the innocence of Wonder Woman but also made the viewing much more visually stimulating.The chemistry between Gal Gadot and Chris Pine was palpable. They also both thrived in the "fish out of water" situations they found themselves in. The humor was there and Chris Pine exhibited his impeccable timing in the delivery of several of those sequences. This film suffers from that which often plagues Marvel films, where the villains were very underdeveloped. Also the pacing was a little jumpy and the ending seemed a little rushed. The final battle had a a BvS and MoS fight scene vibe which for me took a little away since all of the other fight scenes in the movie seemed much more grounded and more visually stunning. All that being said it is hands down my favorite of the recent DC films. In the end, Wonder Woman was well worth the price of admission.

Watched it again tonight and I feel pretty good about my initial assessment. Outside Guardians of the Galaxy this was probably my most anticipated movie of the year. Maybe DC should hand the reins to Patty Jenkins and see her vision of the DCEU.

• Thanks
Reactions: DADDYCOOL187
Finally saw this! So great!
I almost wished it was longer (and it already is a pretty long movie). I could have had another half hour to an hour of the middle section of the film. Would have been great to really dive into the "fish out of water" part, but I understand that they got to get into the action. Everyone did great too. Gal is fantastic and this was one of my favorite roles Pine has done (besides Smokin' Aces). Great stuff.

• Thanks
Reactions: DADDYCOOL187