Lone Crusader

The Savage Ninja!
Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Nov 24, 2011
Corpus Christi, Texas, USA
MaximumPC
Sapphire HD 7970 6GB Toxic Edition Totes World's Fastest GPU :oohyeah:
GPU bragging rights now belong to Sapphire, which claims its new HD 7970 6GB Toxic Edition graphics card features the highest clockspeeds of any consumer grade videocard on the planet. It also has a massive 6GB frame buffer, which is twice as big as your 'run-of-the-mill' Radeon HD 7970 graphics card, if there can be such a thing. Getting back to the clockspeeds, however, this thing comes straight from the factory sporting a 1050MHz GPU (1100MHz via PowerTune Dynamic Boost) and 6000MHz (effective) memory. That's just the beginning.

"By pressing the new Sapphire exclusive Lethal Boost Button, the beast is unleashed, boosting the core clock speed to 1100 MHz with PowerTune Dynamic Boost to an industry first of 1200 MHz on the engine while the memory is further overclocked to 6400 MHz effective," Sapphire says. "The fan profile and PowerTune limit is also changed to performance settings. In addition, users will be able to individually tune the card with SAPPHIRE TriXX, the company’s free to download software tool that allows key parameters to be adjusted for maximum performance."

Making all this possible is a new power control system Sapphire developed called Lethal Power Suite. This consists of an 8-phase power design for the GPU VDDC, an additional 1-phase design for VDDCI and MVDD, and a new double-sided Black Diamond Choke. The card also features DirectFET technology and a 12-layer PCB.

Sapphire said it's only making a limited number of these cards available, though didn't say exactly how many or how much it will cost.

1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg 4.jpg 5.jpg

I used to love ATI (AMD now) and would not ever consider Nvidia. Then they decided to bloat their drivers with spam and CCC and the time when I said I would not go Nvidia was long gone.

I got 2 Nvidia 9700 GTX as my first set and never looked back. Now everytime I see AMD come out with something fast I just know Nvidia is right behind them ready to top them with something better. Hopefully one day I can look back and get something from AMD, but for now NVIDIA is all I need. :p

I'm completely opposite, I use to buy nothing but NVidia but now I'm all about AMD. The reason I like AMD more is I like motherboards that have an AMD chipset so I buy AMD graphics cards because they tend to integrate better with the motherboard.

I've never had an issue with the CCC package though. I need it though so I can utilize my HDPC better. Of course I'm running an OCZ Vertex 3 SSD so everything is lightning fast so I don't really notice any slowdowns or bloatyness. :oohyeah:

I'm completely opposite, I use to buy nothing but NVidia but now I'm all about AMD. The reason I like AMD more is I like motherboards that have an AMD chipset so I buy AMD graphics cards because they tend to integrate better with the motherboard.

I've never had an issue with the CCC package though. I need it though so I can utilize my HDPC better. Of course I'm running an OCZ Vertex 3 SSD so everything is lightning fast so I don't really notice any slowdowns or bloatyness. :oohyeah:

They might have gotten better over time, but I remember those awful drivers, they would crash constantly so I gave up. Nvidia gives me the drivers and everything I need to run the card at its maximum and that's it. I can work with that. I can see how you would have better integration with the AMD mobos, I also stopped using AMD a while ago :p