Wreck-It-Ralph Zavvi Steelbook Interior Art

Which image do you prefer for the interior artwork for Zavvi's Wreck-It-Ralph?

• Character Image

Votes: 43 38.4%
  • Sugar Rush image (Zavvi's original choice)

Votes: 69 61.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

jimmyv

Premium Supporter
Mar 27, 2013
SoCal, USA
Ok so most know that Zavvi listened to the outcries on the forum to change the back cover art to the Fix-It-Felix arcade style design to match the front.

I like the change, but I really think the steelbook is missing the character aspect of this movie... like MAJORLY.

I am proposing a change to the interior art as well. Not at all that I think the one Zavvi chose is bad, because actually, I think that pic of Ralph overlooking Sugar Rush is awesome, but given the lack of characters from the movie on the front and back cover, I think the inside should be changed to include the main characters.

Character Image

WIRinside_zps28630b64.jpg

Sugar Rush Image

10842987-1376567345-598966_zpsacec3489.jpg

Never liked the interior Sugar Rush landscape. Doesn't really fit in esp with the colour scheme. I think the proposed one bridges the gap between 8bit and HD gaming imagery. And of course has the major characters.

Reactions: jimmyv
I'd still prefer the Sugar Rush landscape, as this is a turning point scene in the movie and awesome coverart for the interior, nothing against the character line-up, but I don't think that would look as sharp as interior art, looks kinda cluttered. But that's just my opinion.

I'm stuck here cos I like both but I think in sticking with the original because the colours are great and the spine will be down Ralph's face in the other. Good choices tho

Reactions: dv8mad
I've only just realised this is not official!

The character image does breathe life into the interior(and would be my choice) but that spine positioning problem defeats it I believe.

Reactions: dv8mad
Well, the poll has certainly backfired so far lol

Oh I don't see it like that at all. Ultimately, the majority vote should win. If more collectors want the original Zavvi Sugar Rush image, then I yield. This voting poll really surprised me. I figured mine would wallop Zavvi's by at least 2 to 1.

I think my character image would look super awesome for an inside spread (even with Ralph's face down the center). But I will take the Sugar Rush image over blankie any day.

I have my order in for this steelbook and I'm not cancelling.

I'm extremely glad this motion has failed and hopefully it's the end of it. It sickens me how one victory has now convinced 1 forum member he has the right to dictate the artwork on such a major release especially when less than 100 people voted. This shows just how small a percentage of prospective buyers are actually giving their opinion as the so-called 'voice of the steelbook community.'

No doubt I'll be reported for this post but it needed to be said. It's not a personal attack. I'm just highlighting some things.

I'm extremely glad this motion has failed and hopefully it's the end of it. It sickens me how one victory has now convinced 1 forum member he has the right to dictate the artwork on such a major release especially when less than 100 people voted. This shows just how small a percentage of prospective buyers are actually giving their opinion as the so-called 'voice of the steelbook community.'

No doubt I'll be reported for this post but it needed to be said. It's not a personal attack. I'm just highlighting some things.

You don't know the definition of "dictate" do you.

Reactions: pdbluray and jimmyv

lol. riiiiiight bro. :hilarious: :hilarious: :thumbs:

All he was doing was doing was looking for was feedback and if people were interested . Im guessing someone is not happy with the changes that were made to the back.

jimmyv

I like the idea you were having but for me I just felt it was to much going on inside ;)

Personally I would not have minded something like this for the inside but looks like the original art they chose will be just fine for me :thumbs:

images

Reactions: jimmyv
All he was doing was doing was looking for was feedback and if people were interested . Im guessing someone is not happy with the changes that were made to the back.

jimmyv

I like the idea you were having but for me I just felt it was to much going on inside ;)

Personally I would not have minded something like this for the inside but looks like the original art they chose will be just fine for me :thumbs:

images

right on man. that one is nice too. :scat:

Reactions: Xavier
Status
Not open for further replies.