Your favorite Tech mags & sites?

digitalbabe

Premium Supporter
Apr 12, 2009
USA
Anyone subscribe to any cool ones? Can be online or print.

I have Wired and Discovery (which covers Sci & Tech) print.For online I subscribe to some newsletters at CNET, Twice, Home Media Magazine, NASA and some others.

DB

Yeah, I don't do a lot of computer gaming anymore since I finished Diablo II about two dozen times years ago. I did have a dual loop liquid cooled custom modded rig but when I decided to upgrade to the latest 6-core AMD processor I just went air cooled. No need to overclock if I'm not going to do any heavy, major gaming. Very happy with what I have though. Could use an SSD in the PC like my lappy has. Maybe a 240Gb Vertex 3 by OCZ would be nice. :oohyeah:

I am thinking triple SLI next :) and possibly a new sandy bridge CPU. I would probably go 12GB or 16GB RAM.

Yes one of those SSDs would be awesome!

You ever seen a Phase change rig? pretty insane!

I am thinking triple SLI next :) and possibly a new sandy bridge CPU. I would probably go 12GB or 16GB RAM.

Yes one of those SSDs would be awesome!

You ever seen a Phase change rig? pretty insane!

Yeah, I've seen a couple of videos and a whole lot of pictures of a couple of rigs with Phase Change, very expensive too.

The Sandy Bridges are pretty nice for Intels, you can't really go wrong with one. I'm a dedicated, die-hard AMD kind of guy. I've run test beds with the equivalence of an AMD and an Intel and the AMD run a whole lot cooler and faster in a lot of benchmarks. The Sandy Bridges though usually run neck-in-neck with it's equivalent AMD brethren.

Tri-SLI is pretty nice, you'll need at least a 1000 watt PSU to accommodate such a setup though, or I would go with nothing less than a 1K PSU. If you have the deskspace, you could run a whole slew of multi-monitor desktops with that kind of setup. Massive type gaming rig too. ;)

Reactions: digitalbabe