Slipbox Your Name (Blu-ray Slipbox) [Korea]

AlienKing

The Matrix has you...
Premium Supporter
May 15, 2014
Ontario, Kanada
Release date: June 19, 2018
Purchase links: KimchiDVD Full Slip - Lenticular (Pre-order between May 9 and May 17)
Price: $34.99 (Full slip) - $54.99 (Lenticular)

Full Slip | Lenticular

15257740474362070.jpg 15257742612671736.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm still in two minds about this release as it is not a digipack. I find it hard to pay $50 for a non-digipack. And I already have the Japan release with the same booklet and also the Zavvi release coming soon too.
With no English dub (which is very good) it makes it a hard buy to be sure. The packaging is better than the JP release, but the lack of digipak makes it a tough decision. Personally, IMO, unless you love the film, skip it and spend your hard earned cash on something else.

With no English dub (which is very good) it makes it a hard buy to be sure. The packaging is better than the JP release, but the lack of digipak makes it a tough decision. Personally, IMO, unless you love the film, skip it and spend your hard earned cash on something else.
Thanks, Damon, for helping me make up my mind, though it's not the lack of English dub as I always prefer to watch movies in their original language. Yeah, it's the lack of digipack and for this reason I prefer the JP release. The KR one does have extras like the postcards but that's only 6 compared to UK's 10. What I would miss is the second poster which I very much like. Oddly though the KR release doesn't come with the early purchase film bookmark that the JP and UK releases had. I missed this bonus and was hoping that this release would come with it. :/

Thanks for the tag @AlienKing

Please bear in mind that it's best to upload the photos directly in the OP as images hosted on other sites affect the loading speed of the thread here - fixed.

• Thanks
Reactions: AlienKing
I only got one poster from Kimchi. I hear people who ordered on Nova got both or maybe some people just got lucky. The posters came in a tube from Nova too but folded in half and wrapped around the bubblewrap in my package. I would say I understand from a shipping price point trying to cut down but still almost $30 for shipping I think Kimchi should have taken the extra step like Nova did! :whistle:

Reactions: Real Steel
I only got one poster from Kimchi. I hear people who ordered on Nova got both or maybe some people just got lucky. The posters came in a tube from Nova too but folded in half and wrapped around the bubblewrap in my package. I would say I understand from a shipping price point trying to cut down but still almost $30 for shipping I think Kimchi should have taken the extra step like Nova did! :whistle:

How could kimchi just send one when it's showing 2 posters in the beauty shot? Oh sending in tube makes all the difference. Was it mentioned in Nova site the posters would be sent in tubes?

• Thanks
Reactions: Last Lizard
How could kimchi just send one when it's showing 2 posters in the beauty shot? Oh sending in tube makes all the difference. Was it mentioned in Nova site the posters would be sent in tubes?

I didn't see any mention on Nova's site of which method they would use for packing. Not the biggest deal I suppose being A3 but still it's kind of dumb to end up with a creased poster and only one at that. Wouldn't be worth sticking up anywhere without trying to iron out the creases or something. :cautious: Nice edition anyway (haven't opened it yet) not quite Japanese set nice of course buts weighty and the lenti is pretty good too.

I didn't see any mention on Nova's site of which method they would use for packing. Not the biggest deal I suppose being A3 but still it's kind of dumb to end up with a creased poster and only one at that. Wouldn't be worth sticking up anywhere without trying to iron out the creases or something. :cautious: Nice edition anyway (haven't opened it yet) not quite Japanese set nice of course buts weighty and the lenti is pretty good too.

would love to see a pic of the lenti. is it a depth or transition lenti? is the back a lenti too?

I don't normally care about posters when they are folded inside the package. But if it is sent in tube, there's no crease and it will be nice to frame up or just keep it that way. :)

You can see some shots of the package here http://viddo.tistory.com/472 (not mine) not the best shots of the lenti itself I'm afraid, looks much better in hand. More a depth lenti, the characters in particular stand out well and are very clear. And yeah only on the front I thought they might have went for a double lenti.

No I don't have the Japanese edition but I've seen it before. I didn't pick it up because while I liked the film I also thought it was a bit overrated at the time. I still have to watch it again.I can always givea movie another chance to win me over. I own the UK collector's edition which isn't bad. Reason I probably went for this one too is because I decided I own all the Mamoru Hosoda Korean blu releases and figured I would just add in the Makoto Shinkai's to the collection as well when they came out. :smuggrin:

No I don't have the Japanese edition but I've seen it before. I didn't pick it up because while I liked the film I also thought it was a bit overrated at the time.

Had you like heard a lot about the movie before you watched it? Tend to happen because our expectations are already affected by the high praises. I watched it blind and found it exceptional. I wasn't even an anime fan then. :D

Had you like heard a lot about the movie before you watched it? Tend to happen because our expectations are already affected by the high praises. I watched it blind and found it exceptional.

Yeah I was very aware of the hype surrounding it.. though it rarely affects me. Sometimes I allow myself to fall for it but I didn't here. Didn't hate it really either of course just, feel like the first act didn't make me really care as much about the main pair of characters. I still found it a bit emotional near the end though. Just you know I think anime fans can be quite obnoxious with their praise :rofl: I think alot of anime today is junk food tier lol and when something pretty good comes along they blow it up to crazy heights. It's very hard to navigate opinions on anime because I find so much of it quite poor. Could just be my age too mind you.. so much is aimed at the younger audience and I'm not in high school anymore. :LOL:

Yeah I was very aware of the hype surrounding it.. though it rarely affects me. Sometimes I allow myself to fall for it but I didn't here. Didn't hate it really either of course just, feel like the first act didn't make me really care as much about the main pair of characters. I still found it a bit emotional near the end though. Just you know I think anime fans can be quite obnoxious with their praise :rofl: I think alot of anime today is junk food tier lol and when something pretty good comes along they blow it up to crazy heights. It's very hard to navigate opinions on anime because I find so much of it quite poor. Could just be my age too mind you.. so much is aimed at the younger audience and I'm not in high school anymore. :LOL:

I found that there's no way not to be affected by anything we read about a movie before we watched it, even when we told ourselves to tone down our expectations. Because what we read is already in our minds, even subconsciously. After I decided to avoid knowing anything about a movie beforehand, even its genre if possible, I got lots of my best movie experiences. Try it. :)

The downside is I'm only discovering movies one to ten years after their releases. :smuggrin:

One funny thing is I watched an unboxing video of the japan set and the poster called the two characters androids. I was so pissed off because I thought that was a major spoiler. I watched half the movie expecting the two characters to be revealed as androids. :rofl:

I found that there's no way not to be affected by anything we read about a movie before we watched it, even when we told ourselves to tone down our expectations. Because what we read is already in our minds, even subconsciously. After I decided to avoid knowing anything about a movie beforehand, even its genre if possible, I got lots of my best movie experiences. Try it. :)

The downside is I'm only discovering movies one to ten years after their releases. :smuggrin:

lol yeah that is a downside.:rofl: I keep an eye out on what's coming but don't usually read much until after I've seen them for myself. Unless I'm on the fence and need some convincing.. just so happens I guess I often need some level of convincing. :naughty:

I'm quite glad they weren't a pair of robots that kind of twist might have annoyed me even more! :D

I'm quite glad they weren't a pair of robots that kind of twist might have annoyed me even more! :D

:LOL::rofl::hilarious:

When I need some convincing, i would just check imdb user and critic ratings. Would prefer both above 7/10.

Low user + high critic ratings would probably be boring arty-farty. High user + low critic ratings would mean the movie is popular but junk food. :D

Anyone got a copy yet. Be cool to see pics as I haven't ordered yet. Still on the fence.