Your Top 5 Game Characters

Noodles

Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Feb 28, 2011
UK
Title says it all... who are your top 5 favourite game characters?

They can be from any game, on any console/platform, from any year. As long as they're an actual in-game character, then it counts! So robots, aliens, animals etc are allowed, but they have to have played a fairly major role in the game. So please, no "random cat I owned in The Sims" or anything daft like that. :rolleyes:

My Top 5:

5. Agent 47 (Hitman)
For his badassery and interesting backstory.

4. Lara Croft (Tomb Raider)
For being not only one of the most iconic female characters ever, but one of the most iconic characters full stop!

3. Niko Bellic (GTA:IV)
For his witty sense of humour and genius comebacks.

2. Abe (Oddworld)
For farting at the press of a button... it's as simple as that. Oh, and his quirky voice is wicked too.

1. John Marston (Red Dead Redemption) & Scott Shelby (Heavy Rain)
For being cool, kick-ass guys with a heart. No game storyline has ever gripped and shocked me as much as these two characters'.

So, yeah... I kind of cheated on the last one. But I figured I liked them both for pretty much the same reasons, so that makes it alright as far as I'm concerned. :D

Attachments

• gaming.jpeg
    gaming.jpeg
    106.2 KB · Views: 253
Ok, so here's mine...

1.) Little Mac (Mike Tyson's Punch Out)
2.) L-shaped piece (Tetris)
3.) The Blue One (Angry Birds)
4.) Koopa Troopa (Mariokart)
5.) Lollipop (Candy Crush)

This is my favourite thread in the video gaming section and its moved along nice of late :) So cool to read what are other people's fave's. My top 5 from earlier in this thread still hold even almost two years later (can't believe its been that long since this thread was made eh Noodles!).
Glad I'm not the only one that still enjoys seeing people's top 5! I think my list may have changed slightly now though... I'd probably replace Niko with Trevor. It certainly doesn't feel like I made this thread 2 years ago... I honestly thought it was just last year, lol.

In no particular order...

• Samus - Metroid Series - Can't beat a bad ass silent protagonist (I am ignoring Other M here...). Loved pretty much all the Metroid games and really wish Nintendo would get another one made soon!
  • Commander Sheppard (Female) - Mass Effect Series - Jennifer Hale's voice acting is what makes this character even more awesome, a true hero who has earned the respect of pretty much the entire Galaxy!
  • Banjo & Kazooie - Banjo-Kazooie Series - Ok, so its 2 characters but you really cant have one without the other! Banjo-Kazooie is one of my favourite games of all time and this duo is what makes the game great
  • Ezio Auditore da Firenze - Assassin's Creed II - Easily the best Assassin in the series. His story has a lot of ups and downs and a lot of emotion throughout.
  • Dante - Devil May Cry Series - Half Demon, Half Human...all Badass... I love the hack and slash that DMC is known for, Dante is a great reluctant hero

• Thanks
Reactions: tridon and Noodles
Great thread @Noodles :thumbs: There are so many great and unforgettable video game characters! :notworthy: So many that's it's difficult to mention just 5, but I'll do my best :ohno:

MGS3: Snake Eater - This game will always be my favorite of ALL time! :drool:
1. The Boss
2. Big Boss
the boss and big boss.jpg

MGS1 -
3. Solid Snake
solid-snake.jpg

Red Dead Redemption -
4. John Marston
reddead.jpg

God of War 1, 2, and 3 -
5. Kratos
Kratos.jpg

gaming.gif

Honorable Mentions:

1. BloodRayne :drool:
bloodrayne.JPG

2. Samanosuke (Onimusha) :cool:
onimusha.jpg

3. Lara Croft (Reboot)
tomb_raider_2013.jpg

4. Ezio (Assassins Creed 2)
ezio.JPG

5. Issac Clarke (Dead Space 1-3)
isaac-clarke.jpg

• Thanks
Reactions: tridon and Noodles
Great thread @Noodles :thumbs: There are so many great and unforgettable video game characters! :notworthy: So many that's it's difficult to mention just 5, but I'll do my best :ohno:

MGS3: Snake Eater - This game will always be my favorite of ALL time! :drool:
1. The Boss
2. Big Boss
View attachment 261964

MGS1 -
3. Solid Snake
View attachment 261965

Red Dead Redemption -
4. John Marston
View attachment 261968

God of War 1, 2, and 3 -
5. Kratos
View attachment 261971

gaming.gif

Honorable Mentions:

1. BloodRayne :drool:
View attachment 262013

2. Samanosuke (Onimusha) :cool:
View attachment 262016

3. Lara Croft (Reboot)
View attachment 262017

4. Ezio (Assassins Creed 2)
View attachment 262014

5. Issac Clarke (Dead Space 1-3)
View attachment 262015
Solid list (d'ya see what I did there?) dude. :thumbs:

It's an easy Top 5 for me...

5) JOHNNY CAGE (Mortal Kombat)
View attachment 17628

4) K.K. SLIDER (Animal Crossing)
View attachment 17630

3) KRATOS (God of War)
View attachment 17629

2) NATHAN DRAKE (Uncharted)
View attachment 17627

1) SOLID SNAKE/BIG BOSS (Metal Gear Solid)
View attachment 17631

I also love Nathan & Snake's beautiful ladies, ELENA FISHER and MERYL SILVERBURGH! ;)

View attachment 17632

View attachment 17633

I'd probably change mine a bit now. Kratos would be out... I'll re-work mine again.

• Thanks
Reactions: Noodles
Has your list changed at all since 2012?
Yup, I think I'd actually change a few of mine now... I'd probably knock Abe down a place or two and remove Niko completely (not sure why I ever put him third lol). I'd certainly throw Ellie from TLOU in there somewhere too... possibly second.

• Thanks
Reactions: tridon