Zavvi - Retailer chat [Europe]

Zavvi.jpg

**Retailer charges cards when items ship

Per update received at HDN, starting with August 4,2014 releases, Zavvi will ship in boxes again.

[email protected]

Possible contact #s:

- 08442 640702
- 01606 336169
- 08442 439088

Thanks yeslek!

Current packaging is a cardboard mailer with the steelbook usually wrapped in either a layer of bubble wrap or foam

Update 9/5/2013:

https://www.hidefninja.com/forums/showpost.php?p=753977&postcount=1732

Current packaging-thanks dv8mad:

Previous packaging:

3/20/2013 Comparison of Play's old packaging to Zavvi's new packaging-thanks Zesty!

newpackage.jpg

14/03/2013 By Wreck:
I now have confirmation that I can announce ... for all those worried about future packaging from Zavvi. My Play contact has been working with zavvi as well on this mission for better packaging. Between the 3 of us and the future comments from this community after its in place I'm sure it will be go over well.
View attachment 29368
from the pick line ......... :thumbs:
foam inside

1/19/2013 Member Nyvo tweeted Zaavi about packaging concerns. They said they may be looking into alternate packaging methods.

Zavvi shipping international list:
Zavvi UK

Box update1- 1/7/2014

Box update 2-1/17//2014-we're told they have boxes again.

Attachments

• download (1).jpg
    download (1).jpg
    3.5 KB · Views: 567
Last edited by a moderator:
I'm thinking buying the complete wave of WB classic Steelbooks at Zavvi.
Someone knows what packing method they use when you order 10 steelbooks at once ?

The two steelbooks I ordered from them both came in a plain cardboard sleeve type packet. Surprisingly there was no damage whatsoever.

Doubt they'll become the home of steelbooks looking at the prices of some of their future releases...

Zavvi are slow but generally I'm not in a mad rush to receive things, just as long as I do receive them.

They are now getting more SBs and the OOS/OOP from Play titles are moving over to Zavvi for a February 3rd release at £9.95 so at that price I have pre-ordered 4 that I wanted.

Everything I have received from Zavvi has turned up well packaged and undamaged so I'm happy, however I did have issues early last year when ordering from The Hut and after a few back n forth contacts managed to get sorted, although it did leave a sour taste in my mouth for The Hut and it's partner companies at the time.

I'm looking past that with the cheaper SBs and only availability at this time, and I do hope they pull their finger out this year onwards.

Have used Zavvi (and TheHut itself) group many times over the years and they've got steadily worse!

My biggest advice with them is PAY VIA PAYPAL!

Had damages, losses and incorrect items a few times and they'll ignore you continually on the website

Last 2 issues:

Item never arrived. Sorted it on website and they asked what I wanted refund or replacement. Asked for replacement. Heard nothing. 4 weeks went by with me asking on website again and again with no item. Put a paypal claim in and 2 hours later they responded on the website (but not the claim) that they couldnt do anything until I dropped the paypal claim. Told me if I closed it right away they could help me (this is against PayPals rules so they told me when I rang them). Messaged them back and they continually refuse4d to help UNLESS I dropped the claim. I didnt and PayPal sided with me

I had an issue with a wrong item I sent it back and heard nothing, denied having it, had to ring them again and again, calls were: useless/getting cut off/passed around and then eventually I got through to the guy I'd spoke to originally who found the email of postage receipt they'd denied having for weeks straight away and gave a refund

Oh and NEVER buy clothes from them. They are counterfeit.

You want to know what this company are like then read this, see the comments from buyers and then the lies from the company that are immediately ripped apart by the buyers again:

http://www.hotukdeals.com/feedback/time-hut-group-were-banned-from-here-903490

I've got a few on order with them which will hopefully come undamaged. As always with Zavvi though, you have to be patient as they are dreadfully slow. Expect 10+ days for delivery most of the time.

Interesting to see them listing wolverine and golden eye for £25...must have brought remaining stock directly from play I'd guess

does any body have phone numbers for zavvi and the head office number and complaints department?? ive had enough of them all ready and its only been a week of using them .

I'm thinking buying the complete wave of WB classic Steelbooks at Zavvi.
Someone knows what packing method they use when you order 10 steelbooks at once ?

I managed to buy all 10 through with a combination of discount codes etc. Whilst each order has just one order number anything within that order has like a sub order number, bit like HMV. They are all sent separately and they use what I refer to as the "old fashioned Amazon card envelope", not even Book protection quality.

My orders were placed 16th November and emails advising dispatch received 18th/19th November. All were received about week to 10 days later. Only one had a dent and the returns process whilst prolonged was pretty straightforward. Eventually received replacement on 16th January.

What ever you do though DO NOT PHONE their usual Helpline as it's 5p a minute, try the number quoted ave by TalkingYoSteelz.

Today I received 3 Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy in mint condition and 1 Lawless that was almost broken in two. I am hoping that it is a mere coincidence that the steel that is definitely more sought after was so damaged. They shipped each separately in these flimsy cardboard envelopes. Such a shame that they have a bunch of nice steels available and ship to the US but have no clue how to ship.

I received a copy of Lawless from Zavvi today, pictures of their packaging below. Just an ordinary cardboard envelope with absolutely no padding inside. Luckily the steel wasn't damaged!

Attachments

• IMG_0811.JPG
    IMG_0811.JPG
    123.7 KB · Views: 163
  • IMG_0809.JPG
    IMG_0809.JPG
    132.1 KB · Views: 171
  • IMG_0810.JPG
    IMG_0810.JPG
    112.3 KB · Views: 166
Reactions: carllenc