Zavvi's The Little Mermaid: Are you pleased with the final product?

What is your opinion of Zavvi's The Little Mermaid? Multiple choice allowed.

• I like the front, but I do not like the back and the inside.

Votes: 61 57.0%
  • The embossed title is nice.

Votes: 50 46.7%
  • I would definitely have preferred a glossy finish like Aladdin and Who Framed Roger Rabbit.

Votes: 67 62.6%
  • I feel Zavvi provided unfair and poor customer service by not showing the back/inside and finish.

Votes: 63 58.9%
  • I will order/keep Zavvi's The Little Mermaid for my collection.

Votes: 34 31.8%
  • I will not order/keep Zavvi's The Little Mermaid. I will choose another release for my collection.

Votes: 11 10.3%
  • Overall, I am happy with it. I really like the design all around.

Votes: 17 15.9%
  • Overall, I am not happy with it. I am disappointed by this steelbook.

Votes: 50 46.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

jimmyv

Premium Supporter
Mar 27, 2013
SoCal, USA
Let's give Zavvi some good old fashioned feedback.

Personally speaking, I am not at all pleased with The Little Mermaid steelbook. The front is really nice, but the back and the inside artwork are both horrendously lazy, insulting, and quite lacking in every way possible.

As the retailer, Zavvi has direct control over interior artwork. Based on comments, it seems at least 9 out of 10 people are not happy with it. Let's see what the real numbers indicate!

Last edited:
Reactions: ricster
front is awesome, back art is boring but was expected after jb and the inside art is a joke but easy to change and stick my own in it. so overall im happy with the steel but it's sure far away from a premium product.

Reactions: yeslek
Any animated film has an abundance of great artwork and characters, they are essentially the easiest films to make steelbooks for. In fact it may even be difficult for a steelbook designer to choose from the wealth of possibilites, particularly for something as great as a Disney classic.

And then we get this. 3 of the 4 canvases of the steelbook left blank. Not sure what went wrong, but a lot of people need to up their game in time for the next one.

I wanted it for myself anyway but for those who are botherd by the inside and back shame on Zavvi for that.

It will only make people reluctant to order from them as you have no idea what the full package so to speek will be.

Overall, i'm happy with it. The all round style matches the two previous entries in the Disney Collection. The only thing that could have made it better was to be glossy like the other two

Annoyed with the finish on this, and the lack of effort with the back and inside art.

Will look poor next to the other top quality disney steelbooks. With the matte finish it almost looks like it was a factory mistake when you put it beside the others :(

Should of been glossy with an awesome inside picture

- I like the front, but I do not like the back and the inside.
- The embossed title is nice.
- I would definitely have preferred a glossy finish like Aladdin and Who Framed Roger Rabbit.
- I will order/keep Zavvi's The Little Mermaid for my collection.
- Overall, I am not happy with it. I am disappointed by this steelbook.

Overall, I wouldn't say I'm not happy, but I'm truly disappointed. Such a classic deserves a classic steel à la Aladdin...

love love LOVE the front artwork - and I get what they were trying to achieve with the inside/rear, but I do feel mislead and ripped off.
Overall, I'm fine with the lack of proper rear artwork as I display my steels frontward (and that parts excellent), but the interiors and rear SHOULD have been shown on the site as for some collectors the artwork, all round, is a deal-breaker. The matte finish is fine as it makes the white lighter part of the ocean (top righr corner) appear to flicker slightly - as water does - but cant help feeling it would have been a much nicer finish in gloss.

I'm more annoyed at the price to be honest. Had this been your standard £10-£15 steelbook, I'd be happy with the end product, but for £23 you expect a premium product, of which this is not.

The front would have been OK if there had been art somewhere else. The plain back/inside/disc killed it. No 3D? Matte finish? At this point I don't even care if there is bonus material or not. I'm not buying this.

The front would have been OK if there had been art somewhere else. The plain back/inside/disc killed it. No 3D? Matte finish? At this point I don't even care if there is bonus material or not. I'm not buying this.
Got a non-spider-wrapped :target: digibook to go with my :bestbuy: lunch box.

Overall we've been ripped off. It's a lazy effort, even though the front is acceptable.

Not happy with a classic Disney getting a sub par release. Will be a gaping hole in the collection as I refuse to buy this. Hopefully blufans or Kimchi do this release justice sometime in the future off course including a 3D copy

Status
Not open for further replies.