Zune HD Out Now! 6 Free Games Available Now!

Apr 2, 2009
http://www.zune.net/en-us/products/zunehd/default.htm

zune-hd-600-rm-eng12.jpg

16gb - $219
32gb - $289

this thing rules. buy it

Last edited:
LOL Yup. My gf wanted to get an ipod but I told her to wait till later this year. Sony also has new touchscreen OLED walkmans coming out. I don't think they'll compete though. The size of GB and price aren't worth it.

http://www.engadget.com/2009/05/28/exclusive-steve-ballmer-demos-the-zune-hd-for-engadget/

That's right kids -- Ballmer himself whipped out the newly minted Zune HD for us during D7 and showed of a few of its finer features... including its ability to play a Pixar movie on its gorgeous OLED screen. Also of note, Steve off-handedly mentioned that the device would be shipping in a month, though we can't confirm that that's accurate. Anyhow, these pictures say far more than a thousand words, so just hit the gallery.

Update: Microsoft just pinged to let us know that the Zune HD is still set for a Fall release, not next month.

ballmer_zune01.jpg

ballmer_zune02.jpg

ballmer_zune04.jpg

ballmer_zune11.jpg

ballmer_zune17.jpg

more in the link if interested

Last edited:
if i were a betting man, i'd say pretty similar specs. nothing to blow it out of the water, but enough to keep apple people with apple

Listen to this wise man Mexi! lol +1 I wouldn't mind a Zune, but I think they need a better Device Manager software their Zune software is garbo.

Yeah. I'm waiting for sure before I decide. I like the radio feature cause the gym where I work out has audio come through FM stations. I've never had a problem with my iPod either so that's a good thing.

Sure, it was fun to have Ballmer run us through a little demo of the new Zune HD, but we'd be remiss in our duties if we didn't spend some time manhandling the device ourselves. We managed to track down the beast and toy with it a bit, and we must say... the thing kind of rocks. In your hand the Zune HD has a nice, solid feel, with good heft to it and a surprisingly thin profile. The OLED screen looks absolutely stunning -- even at severe viewing angles, colors were super bright, edges were crisp, and text looked beautiful. The UI is an extension of the exisiting Zune interface, but way tricked out in this version, with lots of flipping images, scaling text, smooth scrolling, and an extreme emphasis on simple visual navigation. While the OS isn't finished, we didn't notice a single hiccup while jumping through menus or playing back HD video. We'll definitely have more on this in the near future, but for now, you'll have to manage with this handful of images.

zunehd_hands04.jpg

zunehd_hands01.jpg

zunehd_hands11.jpg

http://gizmodo.com/5272228/zune-hd-hands-on-photos-and-video-tour

Last edited:
Zune HD uses NVIDIA Tegra processor - confirmed

http://www.pcper.com/comments.php?nid=7345

There is a lot of news circulating today about some rumors of the new Zune HD using the NVIDIA Tegra processor. Several websites have been following the rumor, that started at donanimhaber.com, but apparently no one can confirm whether or not Microsoft's latest portable media player does indeed use NVIDIA's system-on-a-chip design.

Well PC Perspective can: the Zune HD does in fact use NVIDIA's Tegra processor. I actually learned this fact from some NVIDIA staffers over at Computex in early June but I guess I just didn't realize how "news worthy" the information was. No longer do you have to worry about "rumors" on the subject - Tegra has its first major design win.

NVIDIA Tegra likely won the design with impressive statistics like its ability to decode a video stream using just 150 mWatts of power and output audio at only 20 mWatts.

The Zune HD features a stunning 3.3-in OLED touch screen display with a resolution of 480x272 and can playback just about any video including high quality H.264 content. While the resolution on the screen is somewhat limiting, the Zune HD has an HDMI output that will support HD video up to 720p - thus the need for a powerful graphics-based processor like NVIDIA's Tegra. The device also includes an HD radio receiver, IE-based web browser, Wi-Fi and accelerometers for rotation support. Overall I think it will make a great competitor to Apple's iPod touch line up when it comes out later this year.

So I heard this is supposed to be a 16 or 32GB player. LAME. WTF is up with all these new devices only being around 32 or less? I know cause it uses flash and all, but why not have something like the Ipod classic? 80 or 160GB? I was interested in getting this thing until now.

So I heard this is supposed to be a 16 or 32GB player. LAME. WTF is up with all these new devices only being around 32 or less? I know cause it uses flash and all, but why not have something like the Ipod classic? 80 or 160GB? I was interested in getting this thing until now.

people want it smaller, and not as thick as the classic ipods...

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage...qp=&list=n&iht=y&usc=All+Categories&ks=960&p=[promotion%2C+synonymns]&pu=defaultusr&pt=1250398801&DCMP=rdr0001892

flash isn't as cheap as magnetic..but its getting there.

but i dont quite understand the group of people who expect to store their music and movie collections on these types of devices. thats not what they're for imo.

i've got a touch for apps, games, etc. and an ipod classic for my music collection.

flash isn't as cheap as magnetic..but its getting there.

but i dont quite understand the group of people who expect to store their music and movie collections on these types of devices. thats not what they're for imo.

i've got a touch for apps, games, etc. and an ipod classic for my music collection.

I do. LOL Well a few thousand songs and a few digital copy's will easily fill up 32GB I could care less about the apps and games. I don't even use them for my iphone after I've had them about a week or two.

To be honest i dont care much for it as its a microsoft poduct and will proberly got tits up in a few months and break.

I will stick to my ipod.