Price: £29.99
Notes: Region B

IMG_6341.JPG

IMG_6337.JPG
IMG_6339.JPG
IMG_6340.JPG
IMG_6338.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
I understand that people's taste in movies differs widely, but come on... a Documentary? Why would this be included in the Mondo X line of steelbooks

It was shown in selected cinema's worldwide, so why not? I saw this in the cinema and LOVED it! Would love to see steels of Iron Maiden Flight 666 or Rammstein America and other Metal documentary films.

• Thanks
Reactions: spass
I know absolutely nothing about the band and was mainly going to get this just because it's part of the Mondo X line, but after seeing the trailer it does actually look quite interesting... I'm a sucker for documentaries and have watched many docs on stuff I don't necessarily know anything about, but have found them to be really eye opening, so I look forward to checking this out!

Massive price drop to $9.99 will be safe to blind buy this steelbook...:thumbs:

They completely sold out Wembley Arena in London "capacity 12500" do you think this will EVER see £9.99 :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: I doubt it will last much past pre-order "Amazon is already currently sold out", as its all over their site, Twitter and Facebook! They've sold over 30 million albums lol, they are bigger than most current Western acts!

Good luck to those waiting on a massive price drop:thumbs:

Just my 2 cents, but neither Res Dogs nor Labyrinth have sold out (despite massive price drops) and they're very popular films, so I honestly can't see this one selling out unless the print run is a lot less. I also can't imagine most fans of the band will want to pay £30 for it if they can pick up the regular release for much less... after all, the target market here is obviously Steelbook collectors and non-collectors usually don't give a rats toot about fancy packaging unfortunately. No chance I'm paying £30 anyway... make it £20 and I'll consider it!

Reactions: JCC
Just my 2 cents, but neither Res Dogs nor Labyrinth have sold out (despite massive price drops) and they're very popular films, so I honestly can't see this one selling out unless the print run is a lot less. I also can't imagine most fans of the band will want to pay £30 for it if they can pick up the regular release for much less... after all, the target market here is obviously Steelbook collectors and non-collectors usually don't give a rats toot about fancy packaging unfortunately. No chance I'm paying £30 anyway... make it £20 and I'll consider it!

Going to sit tight and wait for Amazon, hopefully they are back in stock soon.

If demand is REALLY that large for this title (which I would consider likely not given what you've said above), they might have time to print more, given the lead on this one...

Going to sit tight and wait for Amazon, hopefully they are back in stock soon.

If demand is REALLY that large for this title (which I would consider likely not given what you've said above), they might have time to print more, given the lead on this one...
Amazon UK often seem to do this with new listings for some reason (I'm sure @paulboland probably has a log of how many times :p), so I doubt they've actually sold out... I'm hoping the price is a lot less once they do get around to relisting it though!

X Japan fans tend to be even more hysterical than Beatles fans in the 60's. They buy EVERYTHING the band does, and many of their releases have been in exclusive packaging over the years as their fans love that, This will appeal to them in a big way. I know already today a bunch of fans that have bought over 40 copies between them in the space of 30mins and they aren't alone lol. This release will take it outside the normal bounds of us collecters and into the realm of super collectors of a cult band with 10s of millions of fans worldwide. The films you mention had poor art, and in Dogs case several editions already available, this is quite different, as apart from the blue box this is it. As I say 40 copies in 30mins and thats just a family member and a few friends, they have already spent all day posting the links to every X Japan site and page, again something we dont normally do with any normal steelbook release. This will get far more promotion than any standard steel. I guess its now down to how many they are going to make

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: apsmith21
X Japan fans tend to be even more hysterical than Beatles fans in the 60's. They buy EVERYTHING the band does, and many of their releases have been in exclusive packaging over the years as their fans love that, This will appeal to them in a big way. I know already today a bunch of fans that have bought over 40 copies between them in the space of 30mins and they aren't alone lol. This release will take it outside the normal bounds of us collecters and into the realm of super collectors of a cult band with 10s of millions of fans worldwide. The films you mention had poor art, and in Dogs case several editions already available, this is quite different, as apart from the blue box this is it. As I say 40 copies in 30mins and thats just a family member and a few friends, they have already spent all day posting the links to every X Japan site and page, again something we dont normally do with any normal steelbook release. This will get far more promotion than any standard steel. I guess its now down to how many they are going to make
All fair points mate, most of which I hadn't really considered if I'm honest... the artwork on this is definitely a lot more striking!

Do you have any links to those sites (feel free to PM them to me) your family/friends have posted on about this release? I'd be interested in seeing actual fan reactions and feedback so I can better judge its popularity for myself. :)

Reactions: psychoscot
All fair points mate, most of which I hadn't really considered if I'm honest... the artwork on this is definitely a lot more striking!

Do you have any links to those sites (feel free to PM them to me) your family/friends have posted on about this release? I'd be interested in seeing actual fan reactions and feedback so I can better judge its popularity for myself. :)

Will do when I get home dude, and if she replies to my damn messages :rofl:

• Thanks
Reactions: Noodles
They completely sold out Wembley Arena in London "capacity 12500" do you think this will EVER see £9.99 :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: I doubt it will last much past pre-order "Amazon is already currently sold out", as its all over their site, Twitter and Facebook! They've sold over 30 million albums lol, they are bigger than most current Western acts!

Good luck to those waiting on a massive price drop:thumbs:

I know, wishful thinking on my part...

Now you're scaring me...lol

Now you got me worried this might actually sell out soon. I pre-ordered at Zavvi for now. I will monitor Amazon's prices when it goes back in stock.

Does anyone know if this will be region locked? I'm really torn on this, on one hand I want to keep my collection complete but on the other hand $53 from Zavvi is a lot for a movie I won't even be able to watch. And after watching the trailer I really want to see this.

Does anyone know if this will be region locked? I'm really torn on this, on one hand I want to keep my collection complete but on the other hand $53 from Zavvi is a lot for a movie I won't even be able to watch. And after watching the trailer I really want to see this.

A lot Manga Home Entertainment's titles have been region locked, so it's a good guess that it might be locked to B