#020 The Incredibles (Mondo x SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

tridon

Est. 2011
Dec 5, 2011
Thunder Bay
incredibles-whalen-zavvi-728.png

Release date: January 22 , 2018
Purchase link: Zavvi (Live Saturday December 9, 2017 6 PM GMT)
Price: £24.99
Note: World Exclusive art. Illustrated by Tom Whalen

Announced at Mondo Talk at MondoCon 2017. The first two Mondo x SteelBook Disney SteelBooks will feature artwork by Tom Whalen and Olly Moss.

incred1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I attempted to collect these mondos bought a couple and it never really took off and I sold them
These Disney releases are really giving me the itch to get back on them again

The artwork for this release is awesome.

Attachments

• 8035037C-7B90-4A8F-A7A7-31628DFC2838.jpeg
    8035037C-7B90-4A8F-A7A7-31628DFC2838.jpeg
    368.9 KB · Views: 291
  • 1CC9657F-C3F3-475B-ADFB-0BDBF8A555A8.jpeg
    1CC9657F-C3F3-475B-ADFB-0BDBF8A555A8.jpeg
    234.1 KB · Views: 317
Reactions: ChrisPatt
OKAY!

UPDATE!
I got my second copy in the mail- and luckily- there are no dents, and it did not get banana-ed in the Post.
Unfortunately, the Steelbook seems to have these "Streaks" all throughout the finish of the steel- it's particularly noticeable on the spot-glossed parts. If I had to guess- I would assume this issue came from the plastic sleeve being warm and shoved on to the steelbook at an early stage- and so little bits of the plastic might have just melted in to the paint.

It's unfortunate- but at least it's preferable to Mr. Incredible having a large black dot next to his head on the white of the steelbook. xD
I just can't win at anything...

OKAY!

UPDATE!
I got my second copy in the mail- and luckily- there are no dents, and it did not get banana-ed in the Post.
Unfortunately, the Steelbook seems to have these "Streaks" all throughout the finish of the steel- it's particularly noticeable on the spot-glossed parts. If I had to guess- I would assume this issue came from the plastic sleeve being warm and shoved on to the steelbook at an early stage- and so little bits of the plastic might have just melted in to the paint.

It's unfortunate- but at least it's preferable to Mr. Incredible having a large black dot next to his head on the white of the steelbook. xD
I just can't win at anything...

Where are you based? I'm probably gonna get one off eBay but knowing my luck the 'lost' one will turn up as soon as I've paid more money for it. It has been over 3 weeks now since the replacement has been sent out and I'm based in the UK. So maybe it is well and truly lost...

Where are you based? I'm probably gonna get one off eBay but knowing my luck the 'lost' one will turn up as soon as I've paid more money for it. It has been over 3 weeks now since the replacement has been sent out and I'm based in the UK. So maybe it is well and truly lost...

I'm actually based in the U.S.-
Funny story, I once ordered a Steelbook from Zavvi, and it took 15 weeks to get to me... and when it finally did, the mailer was stamped with a redirect from India, the mailer had been opened and then taped back up, and the steelbook inside had been taken out of its shrink wrap- meaning someone probably watched it! xD

@zavvi I have not received my copy, even though it is said to have dispatched a month ago...

Too bad as I had not bought another Incredible Steelbook yet and now I still have an empty spot in my collection

Last edited:
@zavvi I have not received my copy, even though it is said to have dispatched a month ago...

Too bad as I had not bought another Incredible Steelbook yet and now I still have an empty spot in my collection

Hello MrErreip!

Have you spoken to the support team yet? They should be able to assist you with this. Let us know how that goes and we can accelerate if needed.

Big Z

(I would say to direct message us but unfortunately there appears to be an issue with us replying to anyone at the moment)

Last edited:
@zavvi wrote the support but yesterday it turned up, like if it only needed my complaint to do so. Pretty weird, never had an order from zavvi needing that much time. But I am glad it's here now, very nice Steel indeed.

Rob to Zavvi.JPG Zavvi to Rob.JPG

I didn't read through the entire thread, but it would appear perhaps I wasn't alone with this issue. I had the same issue with my Zavvi Spider-Man Homecoming SteelBook; incredibly (pun intended) frustrating. Thankfully Zavvi had more copies of that one, and they were able to reissue, and it actually arrived.

Does any member have an extra copy they wouldn't mind selling at a more reasonable price than I'm likely to find on eBay?

Thanks!

I'm a little disappointed. I have not received my copy of the Incredibles yet and it is the only Mondo missing from my collection. This is the first issue I've had with @zavvi and it feels like a working tracking number would go a long way here.

It feels like there are an odd number of missing copies of this movie....