#030 Frozen (Blu-ray Mondo x SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

dfoles

Scanner Ninja
Contributor
Premium Supporter
May 15, 2013
GA
Release date: January 28, 2019
Purchase link: Zavvi (try cart code INSTA for possible 10% off fyi)
Price: £24.99
Notes: Art by Tom Whalen

Frozen Mondo X Zavvi.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
That art is sooooooooooo cute! Ordered! Discount code no longer works though for those that are trying it.

I wonder if Zavvi has stopped announcing steelbook releases in advance. I got the email announcing that Frozen was available and rushed to buy it so the code worked for me. But I think it was disabled by the time I posted a message here. I see that post has disappeared from this thread though. :squint:

It was nice when we got advanced noticed saying that such and such steelbook would be going on sale at a particular time and date.

3 FROZEN steelbooks for the UK - right up there with THE LION KING (the only other Disney numbered classic to receive that honour ... plenty with two though) and an essential pre-order.

Note, the highlighted plenty:p Lol, I didn't even look at the release date tbh, but seriously, giving a 4 year old a £25 Mondo Blu-ray SteelBook, are you mad?! :wtf: Did you see what she did to my Boxsets last year?? EEK!

Actually no I didn't see at the time but I do recall it being mentioned a couple times later on. :sorry:

But you could start her out on her own Mondo line. Get her Frozen. Then The Little Mermaid. Word is that all of Tom Whalen's Mondo art will be turned into Disney Steelbooks.

Then she can work her way up to premiums...then the One Clicks...

Hmm...maybe don't get her Frozen after all. :LOL:

• Haha
Reactions: Mickle_89
OK, so the poster is $300 https://insidetheposter.com/cart and this steelboook is less than 10% of that ...
1544877512706.png

... w/ another plus being the mass of purple surely making buyers feel better after their disappointment re. BOHEMIAN RHAPSODY colour change ...

Anyway, really dig his bold and uncomplicated style which I feel suits these Disney titles to a T ....
... and wouldn't say no to a few others to complement this little group of THE INCREDIBLES, THE LITTLE MERMAID and now FROZEN
including:
- LILO & STITCH - because we've only had a lenticular steelbook in the UK
- ALICE IN WONDERLAND - just because I like the playing card design
- TOY STORY 1 (also 2 & 3 if he's covered those) - just because these are three of my favourite films of any era
- INSIDE OUT - because although I like the round thumbnail pics spine it would also be nice to have a steelbook in the UK with a title
- ZOOTOPIA - because it's the odd one out in the Disney numbered classics collection . . . Whalen's poster reminding me of the recent LION KING steelbook w/ colour Simba and Scar surrounded by B&W drawings
-------------------------
- FINDING NEMO - no good reason as fan of both steelbooks already released in the UK
- MONSTERS, Inc. - just like the stacked design as bit of a change from Tom Whalen
- MOANA - not so enamoured of the current steelbook that I wouldn't mind another option - the more tropical cream 'n' blue instead of the white 'n' blue though
- ALADDIN - either or both
1544876712948.png
1544876909837.png
1544877085734.png
1544880761194.png
1544881551001.png
1544879987531.png
1544880911874.png
1544879771968.png
1544880636945.png

Is there anyway to get free shipping to the states? The cart says order qualifies for free shipping but the order total including shipping

I've watched pretty much all UK mondo's fall in price, but the love for this film, I can't see it staying in stock much after release. Especially with that art. Sent the link to the models I work with who don't collect steels but they are all Frozen daft, and I know at least 25 orders were placed just by them tonight :rofl::rofl::rofl: THey don't even know what steelbooks are, they just got sold on it's a blu-ray and that art haha!
Hmm but you said almost the exact same thing about the We Are X Mondo steel when that was first announced and it's now £8.99 lol.