#037 Pet Sematary (1989) (4K Blu-ray Mondo x SteelBook) (Best Buy Exclusive) [USA]

Mar 18, 2011
Release date: March 26, 2019
Purchase link: Best Buy
Price: $27.99
Group buy: 4K UHD hosted by apsmith21

1548343257192.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Hefty price for a catalog title. Even if it's 4K and an anniversary edition.
But I guess if it has a ton of extras or bonus discs...

I thought the same thing as well. I was like ouch...that price lol. I wonder if it'll have the 2D BD as well. I hope the artwork looks good.

I thought the same thing as well. I was like ouch...that price lol. I wonder if it'll have the 2D BD as well. I hope the artwork looks good.

It most likely will have a regular blu-ray as well. It's very rare for a 4K release to not have one. Especially if there is bonus material because the 4K disc usually only contains the movie and commentary, if there is one, to maximize picture and audio quality.

Being an anniversary release, there has to be some kind of bonus material lol.

:watch: This is awesome news as Pet Sematary is one of my all time favourite horror movies. So for this to get a 4K release and it’s first steelbook (that I’m aware of) has me very excited. Here’s hoping it will end up with some great artwork along with nice treatment :joy:

If I remember correctly from the VHS days this was a Paramount release so any blu-ray discs will be region free.

PET SEMATARY is with HMV in the UK as an exclusive at present ... as part of their Premium Numbered Spine Slipcase Collection ...
1546955493920.png

... so a steelbook at least here in the UK seems most unlikely.

PET SEMATARY is with HMV in the UK as an exclusive at present ... as part of their Premium Numbered Spine Slipcase Collection ...
View attachment 408365
... so a steelbook at least here in the UK seems most unlikely.

With HMV going out of business..we may have to wait and see if another retailer picks it up.
Importing from US has become very expensive. So hope we get a UHD in the UK.

A member of another forum is speculating that since you can see the "rated R" logo on the mockup (via the discs) that this steelbook is coming to the USA, which could be
this listing at Best Buy.

1548080910183.png

Reactions: Masta Norris