Release date: March 9, 2020
Purchase link: Zavvi
Price:
£24.99
Notes: Art by Matt Ryan Tobin
12435382-1604737044902059.jpg

12435382-2024737045165375.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Can anyone tell me, in regards to Mondo Releases, if the Steelbook is shrinked wrapped before being inserted into the plastic slipcover ?

Or

Is the whole thing shrinked wrapped together ?

Can anyone tell me, in regards to Mondo Releases, if the Steelbook is shrinked wrapped before being inserted into the plastic slipcover ?

Or

I haven’t opened any of mine but I can tell you that there is shrink wrap on the outside protecting the plastic slip cover. I don’t think there’s another layer of shrink wrap on the inside.

• Thanks
Reactions: Actarus
Do mondo steelbooks have different finishes or treatment compared from BestBuy to Zavvi as we often do ?

It has happened in the recent past with Mondo steelbooks. If they are produced in the USA factory vs the Europe factory, it's possible they will have different "features".

• Thanks
It has happened in the recent past with Mondo steelbooks. If they are produced in the USA factory vs the Europe factory, it's possible they will have different "features".

Thanks ;)

Just look on Steelbook.com and it states;

Locations: United States
Finished: Spot Gloss

So I guess we can assume it will be same as Zavvi

Reactions: apsmith21

Or

the whole think is shrink wrapped. So the steel is just inside the slip and then shrink wrapped.

Do mondo steelbooks have different finishes or treatment compared from BestBuy to Zavvi as we often do ?

only one it’s happened to is reservoir dogs. The zavvi one was much darker with a slightly different finish. You could see more details on the USA version.

This should be the same all around

• Thanks
Love the art on this :thumbs: Pre-ordered. Will be a welcomed addition to my little Mondo collection:spoil:

Reactions: jasong
Excited to see another Mondo X release, and for a great and unexpected film too! Nice that they've used wraparound artwork on this as well, although just a slight nitpick... the large T and L in the title look kinda odd to me.

Reactions: DMD4k
As much as I applaud the Mondo X line back (people who know me know how much I dig this line. I have a 100% complete collection), I'm a little disappointed with the title choice. Not the artwork, I love that!
The reason for that is simple; the last year, maybe year and a half, I've had to cut down massively on my spending on this hobby for different reasons. Apart from a few selective premiums, regular 4K and Arrow releases I haven't bought much.

BUT, I've bought one standalone 4K steel and of course it's this title, US BB exclusive, lol!

Anyway, I'm not complaining. Pre-ordered! :thumbs:

Or

The only Mondo X release where the steelbook was shrink-wrapped before being put into the plastic cover as far as I know was the Blufans "The Avengers" release. It ended up being too tight and warped and creased the plastic cover. The whole thing was shrink-wrapped again. It's the only Blufans Mondo X release and hopefully they never do that again.

However, it looks like the Best Buy Canada release of the "Pet Sematary" Mondo X steelbook has some kind of film on the outside of the plastic cover underneath the shrink-wrap. You can see it's kind of folded up at the bottom right of my still sealed copy.

Perhaps somebody who has unsealed it can explain it better.

20200114_233933.jpg

• Thanks
The only Mondo X release where the steelbook was shrink-wrapped before being put into the plastic cover as far as I know was the Blufans "The Avengers" release. It ended up being too tight and warped and creased the plastic cover. The whole thing was shrink-wrapped again. It's the only Blufans Mondo X release and hopefully they never do that again.

However, it looks like the Best Buy Canada release of the "Pet Sematary" Mondo X steelbook has some kind of film on the outside of the plastic cover underneath the shrink-wrap. You can see it's kind of folded up at the bottom right of my still sealed copy.

Perhaps somebody who has unsealed it can explain it better.

View attachment 459438
All mondo x steelbooks have a clear film on the mondo x slip
The film is removable and is meant to be removed

If you don't remove the film from the slip it can make the slip look cloudy.

You will notice a big difference to the mondo x slip when removed

• Thanks
Reactions: Stygian