The Muppets (Blu-ray Viva Metal Box)(Future Shop Exclusive) [Canada]

digitalbabe

Premium Supporter
Apr 12, 2009
USA
original

Coming Spring 2012 per 'Saybinator' at Futureshop Forum.

More Pictures (thanks to Elena)
Muppets4.jpg

Muppets3.jpg

Muppets2.jpg

Muppets.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks like 'Viva' box to me. I hope someone else releases a Steelbook(TM). I was not a fan of the build of these things. Designs were nice, no doubt, but the hinges and strength was not as high quality as Steelbooks. Big meh for me.

Biscuit-the mockup art for the other Disney releases looked like this, too, so it may not be a Jumbo. We'll see....

BRJ-yes, FS does...usually anything 'else' is called something other than a 'Steelbook'. This 'Collectible Packaging' was also used for the Viva cases.

Biscuit-the mockup art for the other Disney releases looked like this, too, so it may not be a Jumbo. We'll see....

BRJ-yes, FS does...usually anything 'else' is called something other than a 'Steelbook'. This 'Collectible Packaging' was also used for the Viva cases.

Viva it is then. Oh well, I'm not a Muppets fan anyway, I would have passed on the steel as well :joy:

I really like the art. Wish it was a Steelbook... but I'll probably end up buying this anyways (unless a proper steel comes out somewhere else).

Did I read on thr forum that Viva makes the metal Slip Cases. That might have been more popular for the CA Viva releases. The Slip Cases seem to be quite popular with our members.

Sent from my GT-I9000M using Tapatalk

Did I read on thr forum that Viva makes the metal Slip Cases. That might have been more popular for the CA Viva releases. The Slip Cases seem to be quite popular with our members.

Sent from my GT-I9000M using Tapatalk

That is correct - slip cases are made by the same manufacturer as the metal box.

Arrgggg!!!
Viva metal box are a shame!!! :angry:
With their plastic cheap look, it's far from Steelbook and even Ironpack.

I'm not a muppet fan... not AT ALL so it's going to be an easy pass for this one. I wasn't a Smurf fan either, but since the steel look so awesome, I decided to keep one, but for this, NO WAY!

Reactions: biscuitnoir
Arrgggg!!!
Viva metal box are a shame!!! :angry:
With their plastic cheap look, it's far from Steelbook and even Ironpack.

I'm not a muppet fan... not AT ALL so it's going to be an easy pass for this one. I wasn't a Smurf fan either, but since the steel look so awesome, I decided to keep one, but for this, NO WAY!

Same here. They really should ban these stupid viva metal thingies. How hard is it to put the digital copy on the DVD or something? and for all I care, remove the stupid DVD as well. Or keep it whatever, as long as it's a steel which can handle 3 discs!

I definitely need a Muppets metal edition.
Visuals are just awesome.
There are still chances that Disney will release true steelbooks in other countries (who said France ?).

although damn near obvious, this is confirmed a Metal Box, not steelbook. fyi. I like most am going to wait out and hope for a steelbook release. This movie got incredible ratings/reviews.

This one is a must get for me, whether metalpak or steelbook. It is an incredible family movie. I came away with the same impression as the other Amy Adams movie - Enchanted (where is the steelbook/metalbox of this one?) - funny, heart-warming and so much fun, maybe because I grew up watching these characters as a kid and it reminded me of those days.

trailer looks so funny...i'll pick it up if BestBuy carries it...

I hope Disney does not release a steelbook if I get this in metalbox. I prefer steelbook, but I don't want to buy this and find out a steelbook is releasing afterward.

Any metal is better than a cheap plastic case.

wow...rotten has a 97% on this movie? Amazing..never see a 97% rating from them.

Last edited: