HDN Collection Leaderboard

apsmith21

Operations Director
Staff Member
Aug 6, 2010
USA
Curious what your fellow ninjas are doing?

Look no further to see what's "hot" in steelbooks!

The HDN staff has created an application just for you - the Collection Leaderboard.

hdn_top_collection.jpg

Toggle an available time frame to see trends and the most popular items in your fellow member's collection.

Now available for your use at this location!

https://www.hidefninja.com/forums/top_collection.php

We hope you like it and look forward to seeing your collection in the HDN Collection Manager!

Last edited:
okay I'm going to bite and feel a little stupid asking but I don't get it.... :dunno:

What exactly is this cool looking leaderboard showing us? Is it basing the results on stats in the collection manager or based on hits on a thread? Where is the basis of this list coming from?

Just trying to understand whats its showing us.

Last edited:
Its all coming from the collection manager database.

So the steelbooks shown are the most popular ones added by the collectors here into their collection.

For example, the last 30 days are steelbooks that have been released in the last month.

We might not know how many steelbooks are printed for any given title, but we will know which titles are close to selling out - given how popular they are with collectors here.

The leaderboard is real time - up to the minute accurate based on what is in the database.

Hopefully it becomes a useful tool for collectors here.

Its all coming from the collection manager database.

So the steelbooks shown are the most popular ones added by the collectors here into their collection.

For example, the last 30 days are steelbooks that have been released in the last month.

We might not know how many steelbooks are printed for any given title, but we will know which titles are close to selling out - given how popular they are with collectors here.

The leaderboard is real time - up to the minute accurate based on what is in the database.

Hopefully it becomes a useful tool for collectors here.

Ahhh ok! That makes sense to me now. Very cool feature. I have to this collection manager and the few other things that were added to this site recently definitely make it the "IT" Bluray and Steelbook forum on the WWW.

The Ninja subscription was worth every penny and then some. Thanks for all the cool stuff Mods/Admins/People working on the site!

I bet even manufacturers, retailers and studios even will be using this collection manager and site/forum for info for themselves.

Well done HDN, props to all admins & mods for their hard-work behind the scenes :scat:

Gonna check it out now :D

Top 5 from the last 30 days -

The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo (UK)
A Trip to the Moon (US)
Sin City (DE)
Kill Bill 1 & 2 (DE)
Immortals Ver 2 (NL)

Just missed the top 5 -

Immortals Ver 1 (NL)
In Time (FR)
MI 4 (UK)
In Time (DE)
Girl With the Dragon Tattoo (TW)

Reactions: digitalbabe
Blu ray Steelbooks, the Pokémon of the 21st Century.

Gotta Get ‘Em All

With the help of HiDefNinja and the Ninja members there it could be possible.

Andy it's real purty and a fantastic addition to the site. Sticky it.

There's been some changes in the top 5 for the past 30 days over the last week.

top5_may7.jpg

1. Sin City has moved up 1 spot to #2.
2. Trip To the Moon has moved down 1 spot to #3.
3. Knocked out of the top 5 was Kill Bill 1&2, replaced by the other version of Immortals from the NL.

Last edited:
Reactions: Naughtius Maximus
Girl with a Dragon Tattoo and Sin City have held steady, but there are some new comers at the top!

Mission Impossible
War Horse
Underworld: Awakening

hdn_top_may15.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: jimmy and Wreck
I'm assuming that membership of this site is growing massively since HDN's role in Play's The Terminator, does that not mean the results could be based on new members simply inputting what steels they already own, rather than what they bought recently?

I'm assuming that membership of this site is growing massively since HDN's role in Play's The Terminator, does that not mean the results could be based on new members simply inputting what steels they already own, rather than what they bought recently?

I don't know that it's grown that much. We've had a pretty solid core of involved steelbook members from many countries for over a year now.

But the query that this view shows above considers the released date of the item. That is correlated with the number of the items in the collection - so over the last 30 days, these are the most popular items collected - real time - at this very second.

Feel free to play with it on your own - you'll see that you can toggle between the last 30, 60, 90 days and even the last year. (all based on the released date of the steelbook)

It's not representative of total count alone - if you want to see the most popular items in the collection, that's what the mini-app defaults to.

most_popular.jpg

That

Last edited:
Reactions: jimmy
Fair point. Out of curiosity, how many members are there on HDN? When I read of SB releases limited to 4,000 etc, I do often wonder why they don't sell out in days... bearing in mind the populations of all the countries that have SB's.

Fair point. Out of curiosity, how many members are there on HDN? When I read of SB releases limited to 4,000 etc, I do often wonder why they don't sell out in days... bearing in mind the populations of all the countries that have SB's.

There's 4,909 members - hard to say how many of them are active at any one time, but certainly far less than that.

It really depends on a number of factors with steelbooks.

1) The popularity of the release
2) The availability of the release to other people in different countries
3) Studio decision on print run

etc etc

But it is not uncommon to see a release sell out, sometimes prior to release or within a week or two - that's not happened as much recently, it certainly was more common in the past.

With a lot of these steelbooks being available in another country, with similar art, the demand for any 1 countries release has been less in many situations.

The last 30 days of purchases...

may23.jpg

GWTDT still at #1, but MI4 and Underworld have climbed.

New in the top 5 for this week, Sherlock Holmes 2!

Last edited:
Reactions: jimmy