Oct 3, 2011
Netherlands
You want this movie in a steelbook? :)
325.jpg

Last edited:
:ass::boobies::flash::drool::bow:

hel yeah baby :rofl:

;)

But, yeah i cant believe there isn't a steel for this already EEK!

island.jpg

3jULs.jpg

...not the deepest futurist production but certainly entertaining & enjoyable for sci-fi fans like myself, and most definitely worth a sweet £10.99 embossed Play.com release :)

Reactions: Sir Hilary Bray
Ah, I see I wasn't the only one thinking The Island needs a steelbook :).

Such an underrated film, and that's coming from someone who usually dislikes Michael Bay films — well except The Rock, that one is awesome too. Too bad The Island was a bomb at the box-office ($36 million in North America + $127 million abroad off of a $126 million budget, compare that to the 1.08 billion the Transformers trilogy amassed in North America alone, just sad :().

Without spoiling too much of the film, I think a shot of the locale where the clones are harvested would work as back artwork, and I've this idea of the shot of the boat lost at sea as inside artwork, that'd definitely be awesome imo.

It's distributed by Warner, they're used to making steelbooks : make it happen already :drool: !

I can't post images since I don't have 5 posts yet, but here they are :

Harvest of the clones (back artwork?) : ttp://uppix.net/shzlfo.jpg
Boat lost at sea (inside artwork?) : ttp://uppix.net/Q8juZZ.png

I saw it a few weeks ago. On DVD. Reminded me I had to get this on blu, but since I only buy steels and digi's now, I'm waiting on that to come out. :)

So yeah, I would def buy a steel!

---------- Post added at 12:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:23 PM ----------

Here's my take on the artwork:

Front:
l_112627_0399201_51b3fe76.jpg

Inside:
I have no good pictures of this. But what I wanted was a shot of all the clones standing looking out into the world. Just so you get my idea. ;)
AWGdkwF.jpg

Back:
1104_2-1.jpeg

Bump this one as a candidate for a exclusive SteelBook list by any retailer (hint, hint Kimchidvd ;)). Just re-watched this over the weekend on a new projector and a huge screen - WOW!

Reactions: Bunk
Great popcorn movie and Scarlett is mesmerizing in this role! A pure feast for the eyes! :drool:
ScarlettJohansson_TheIsland_hkb2.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: ash333