1917 (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

paulboland

Contributor Steels/Arrow
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: May 18, 2020
Purchase link: Zavvi (Pre-order January 10 at 9 AM UK Time)
Price: £29.99

1917.jpg
12437995-5724735195364988.jpg

Last edited:
This is already live for RC

Very annoying when they have this RC but don’t state the time it will go live before general public. All codes are disabled now. W*nkers

Good things heard about this, seeing it soon. Pre ordered.

This is already live for RC

Very annoying when they have this RC but don’t state the time it will go live before general public. All codes are disabled now. W*nkers

That's a good point. I may not be a RC member but surely they should be alerting all members as soon as it's available to them. A pre-warning would be even better so you have a chance of getting the 10% code. At the very least they should keep the 10% code throughout the RC pre-order time, otherwise I can't see any real benefit to being a RC member if all you are looking to do is pre-order steels unless you can get the code working in time.

Because let's be honest:
  1. I don't think any new steel will sell out before reaching the general public standing behind Zavvi's velvet rope.
  2. New cinema Marvel and Star Wars releases seem to be midnight pre-orders immediately available to all and they don't seem to sell out instantly like back in the day.
  3. Non-RC members can use the free delivery ACFREE code which is floating about.
Ok being an RC member you can probably get 10% off in stock steels and free delivery, plus there are probably other benefits RC members get which I'm not aware of that might make it worthwhile to some. However for pre-ordering, it doesn't really seem like you're getting the red carpet treatment.

As for the film, I wouldn't mind getting it but I'm not paying £30 for that artwork.

That's a good point. I may not be a RC member but surely they should be alerting all members as soon as it's available to them. A pre-warning would be even better so you have a chance of getting the 10% code. At the very least they should keep the 10% code throughout the RC pre-order time, otherwise I can't see any real benefit to being a RC member if all you are looking to do is pre-order steels unless you can get the code working in time.

Because let's be honest:
  1. I don't think any new steel will sell out before reaching the general public standing behind Zavvi's velvet rope.
  2. New cinema Marvel and Star Wars releases seem to be midnight pre-orders immediately available to all and they don't seem to sell out instantly like back in the day.
  3. Non-RC members can use the free delivery ACFREE code which is floating about.
Ok being an RC member you can probably get 10% off in stock steels and free delivery, plus there are probably other benefits RC members get which I'm not aware of that might make it worthwhile to some. However for pre-ordering, it doesn't really seem like you're getting the red carpet treatment.

As for the film, I wouldn't mind getting it but I'm not paying £30 for that artwork.

I believe it went live at midnight, I randomly see it live on their site around 2am and then I got a email at 7.15 am for RC members.

What I don’t get is they don’t like people using the code (because they disable it quickly) yet they have the code. The second it’s available to buy now the code works. Strange practice.

I don’t think it will sell out either and tbh most of last year I didn’t pre order much so this will be another I’ll wait on. But I do like that art

Reactions: IamIroningMan
Who knows what goes through Zavvi's head with their codes. Nothing they do makes any sense.

For the keen collectors/movie aficionados like us, the code was a nice incentive to pre-order with them and they should keep it open for at least a day, or the entire time even if only for RC members. It might even encourage more people to sign up.

I used to love pre-ordering movies, now I'm not really bothered, but then again I'm not so fussed if I miss out on something anymore (maybe Zavvi cured me of my OCD).

If you're not fussed about getting it on release day, and willing to take the low risk of it selling out before release (even if it somehow does, they always bring it back at some point after its release) you're better off waiting and using the 10% code to help justify the RC subscription. Then again it's only an extra £3 if you are concerned about missing out.

Reactions: Flloydo
Loved the movie, but not sure I'd be interested in watching it again. No buy for me, maybe in a sale.
Saw the film, cancelled the Steel. Great film, but not a multi watcher for me.
Not judging, just curious... because I've never understood when folks say they love a film but wouldn't rewatch it. For me, if I think a film is great, then I can easily rewatch it countless times. So what do you guys look for in a film for it to be rewatchable?

Not judging, just curious... because I've never understood when folks say they love a film but wouldn't rewatch it. For me, if I think a film is great, then I can easily rewatch it countless times. So what do you guys look for in a film for it to be rewatchable?

I think it's a pretty individual thing, but definately exists. Sometimes, a film is a one off experience (or maybe two off). It depends on length, and type of film and your own taste. For me this is pretty "heavy" a good story and very worthy, but not exactly "enjoyable". The film as a whole is good, but the acting for me wasn't very stand out. There has to be bits I want to re-watch as enjoyable. I am not sure I would get much more out of watching this and it was a hard experience in places. Not sure that explains, maybe its to personal. Some films I can watch numerous times, others once is just enough. Depth, music, humour, length, acting all come into it. A "great" film, often contains all of these imo. :thumbs: