2001: A Space Odyssey (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Manta Lab Exclusive No. 50) [Hong Kong]

IRON MAN

E.D.I.T.H.
Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Dec 28, 2012
Everywhere
Release date: January 6, 2023
Purchase links: Fullslip - Double Lenti - One Click (Pre-order is October 28th, 2022 at 8 PM (HKT, UTC+8)
Price: $52.99 (Fullslip) - $53.99 (Double Lenti) - $129.98 (One Click)
Group Buy: Fullslip - Double Lenti - One Click

1666346557789.png 1666347269488.png SO2001_overall_OC_5000x.jpg
279586464_5072196826223718_5387673826575655910_n.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmmmm both are really nice. It’s a tough one.

Although reading that the FS will have that scratch resistance coating leans me closer to the lenti. I think the lenti art goes better with the steel too with the change of colours

The art cards are perfect for once. Usually get so annoyed with mantas decisions on the cards. Just as long as all images aren’t repeated in the booklet then that side of things is a thumbs up too.

I don’t agree on the price though for such an old film. It’s a dollar less than matrix Resurrections which isn’t even a year old yet.

But the editions do look real nice

hello everyone, I am very interested in this edition, I am new to this forum, could someone tell me if a preorder is already available for this edition and how should I do?
Thank you
Valentino

hello everyone, I am very interested in this edition, I am new to this forum, could someone tell me if a preorder is already available for this edition and how should I do?
Thank you
Valentino
Pre order is next Friday on the 28th - at 8 PM (HKT, UTC+8)

Links are in the top post on this thread.

You’ll need to make an account with collectong (which is the site those links direct you to where Manta Lab officially sell their products)

And then you’ll just need to be quick on the day

Here’s the link to their site here too

Just hoping the Steelbook info is copied from Dune, Matrix or JL and that there will be a boarder.

That said looking back, when was the last time manta did anything else other than a debossed title?

Except that you would have to pay muuuuch more
It doesn’t have to be a solid block but some base material with SS or aluminium finish, at maybe another $10 or so extra? I’m just concerned whether resin could achieve the smoothness essential for the illusion of mystique that the monolith coveys in the movie. :dunno:

It doesn’t have to be a solid block but some base material with SS or aluminium finish, at maybe another $10 or so extra? I’m just concerned whether resin could achieve the smoothness essential for the illusion of mystique that the monolith coveys in the movie. :dunno:
High quality resin can definitely achieve that look and feeling but not sure if they invest enough in it. Probably just a filler for the box to make few more bucks

Reactions: Real Steel
Hmmmm both are really nice. It’s a tough one.

Although reading that the FS will have that scratch resistance coating leans me closer to the lenti. I think the lenti art goes better with the steel too with the change of colours
Feeling the same way. I wish they'd gone full-on classic poster art, but I like the contrasting colors of steel and slip on the DL. The ToC steel would also go well as a match for the DL (well, it would work with either slip, actually), but I'm past the point of mixing and matching like I used to—too much stuff these days.

Reactions: Flloydo
This is beautiful. I bet the lenticular in Hal’s brain will really pop. I’m not getting involved in all that speed buying palaver after my Bladerunner experience. these things don’t change lives, just get us into debt! Really nice though.

Love both FS and DL, think I'd have to go for the DL though. Anyone have any idea roughly how much delivery direct from Collectong to UK/Ireland generally is? I can never seem to get notifications here on my phone to work properly so I'll probably miss out on GBs so I might try direct.

• WEA, Exclusive Steelcase designed by Manta Lab features "Full Glossy" Finish and "Debossed Title".​

So possibly just a debossed title but no other bossing.

I don't think the title is debossed, 'pushed in'...
ShitPushedIn.jpeg

But rather embossed, meaning a frame around the borders as a given.

For everyone as indecisive as I am maybe seeing both slips next to the steelbook in one picture might help.

View attachment 543875
How about seeing all the previous steelbooks that you might have...

2001BB.jpg
2001SOZavvi.jpg

2001ToC.jpg

I'm disappointed in the fullslips, both arts were on steelbooks before, and I got the white and ToC ones.

Don't like the back of the white FS, red back is better, but it goes well with the new steelbook. I also prefer the white front FS, and dislike muddy lentis, so will go for the white fullslip. Need to sell the white steelbook then.

Love both FS and DL, think I'd have to go for the DL though. Anyone have any idea roughly how much delivery direct from Collectong to UK/Ireland generally is? I can never seem to get notifications here on my phone to work properly so I'll probably miss out on GBs so I might try direct.
One of the the birds of prey editions is still in stock and shows $18 delivery for me to the U.K.

Reactions: NateDog