2001: A Space Odyssey (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Manta Lab Exclusive No. 50) [Hong Kong]

IRON MAN

E.D.I.T.H.
Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Dec 28, 2012
Everywhere
Release date: January 6, 2023
Purchase links: Fullslip - Double Lenti - One Click (Pre-order is October 28th, 2022 at 8 PM (HKT, UTC+8)
Price: $52.99 (Fullslip) - $53.99 (Double Lenti) - $129.98 (One Click)
Group Buy: Fullslip - Double Lenti - One Click

1666346557789.png 1666347269488.png SO2001_overall_OC_5000x.jpg
279586464_5072196826223718_5387673826575655910_n.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll just pass this one and will definitely wait as to what is ML plan for next year and also what they'll do after 2001: ASO.

which one?

Why? What the f**k it got to do with you?

Nah, it’s for their drive. I have a copy with a damaged back which I have on my shelf on display but would like it in a frame to go with that print Noodles designed that I have on my wall

I was literally looking for them the other week
kinda feel prints and vinyls are better suited for framing.. cant really appreciate the finish if its framed and beneath glass
They are. Vinyls look really cool framed. Like that yeah yeah yeahs one I have. And of course prints do

I’m not bothered about the finish of the steel whilst in a frame. It’s because of the art and the spare copy

Only problem is id need it in white, not black. To match my others

• Haha
Reactions: hatredhorror
Yes thought so but people are saying I’ve got this and I’ve gone for that etc. Thought they’d already had their name down for one or something.
The Group Buy on here (and other sites) took place yesterday (15 copies each of the slips and 25 OneClicks) and it actually took quite a while for all to sell out. Tomorrow you can pre-order them directly on the Collectong website and I guess everybody that wants one will get one fairly easily!

Reactions: Retro Parrot
Yes thought so but people are saying I’ve got this and I’ve gone for that etc. Thought they’d already had their name down for one or something.
Like Lutzo said it’s just Group Buys from various contacts/ hosts from all over the place

Reactions: Retro Parrot
I'm confused, is this not going live until Friday so how can there be copies up on ebay or am I'm missing something here?
People who run GB's, or their closes (friends of them who joined).

I always say that IT IS NOT necessary to join a GB to get and edition when you can go DIRECT.

However, there are people willing to limit others chances, and they run GB's as host or intermediaries to ask as many copies IN ADVANCE as they can to sell them out.
Leaving 0 chances (or close) to the ones who opt to flip a coin and buying direct... (Less stock for them, for sure).

I accept critics, if you were defending GB's because that's the way to go that's fine.
On the other hand, keep buying using GB's, and the chances to get an edition DIRECT will stay close to 0, to you and others who wanted editions for themselves (not to resell them or scalp).

Good night to everyone. Even to people who will quote this message with their education.

Last edited:

I always say that IT IS NOT necessary to join a GB to get and edition when you can go DIRECT.

However, there are people willing to limit others chances, and they run GB's as host or intermediaries to ask as many copies IN ADVANCE as they can to sell them out.
Leaving 0 chances (or close) to the ones who opt to flip a coin and buying direct... (Less stock for them, for sure).

I accept critics, if you were defending GB's because that's the way to go that's fine.
On the other hand, keep buying using GB's, and the chances to get an edition DIRECT will stay close to 0, to you and others who wanted editions for themselves (not to resell them or scalp).

Good night to everyone. Even to people who will quote this message with their education.
I think you masturbate vigorously every time someone responds with a post that matches your level of intelligence.

Nice try, but I wont let you get off that easy; You are absolutely right on all fronts. I hope it turns purple and falls off.

So buy direct and hope for the best. Just quit whining because you couldn’t get something. We don’t make the rules. Weet, Manta etc make the rules. They’re not going to change and the only way what you want is going to happen is if demand for titles collapses.

*Edit - nevermind I saw the full purchases for each type. Will attempt to go direct tomorrow!

Sorry for the ignorance as I am new, but is the group buy for this still open or closed?

Last edited:
*Edit - nevermind I saw the full purchases for each type. Will attempt to go direct tomorrow!

Sorry for the ignorance as I am new, but is the group buy for this still open or closed?
I mean, sure, you are new and all, but the answer to this question is literally available 7 times on this page alone....
2001.jpg

Group buys here don't really work like that. It's either in stock or sold out. You don't put your name down hoping for allocation, they go live, you buy a copy, that's it. It went live and it sold out.

Broken record springs to mind. Have you not quit collecting yet as you are clearly not very good at it.