2001: A Space Odyssey (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Manta Lab Exclusive No. 50) [Hong Kong]

IRON MAN

E.D.I.T.H.
Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Dec 28, 2012
Everywhere
Release date: January 6, 2023
Purchase links: Fullslip - Double Lenti - One Click (Pre-order is October 28th, 2022 at 8 PM (HKT, UTC+8)
Price: $52.99 (Fullslip) - $53.99 (Double Lenti) - $129.98 (One Click)
Group Buy: Fullslip - Double Lenti - One Click

1666346557789.png 1666347269488.png SO2001_overall_OC_5000x.jpg
279586464_5072196826223718_5387673826575655910_n.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
So the star child at the end of 2001: A Space Odyssey is now 21 years old. He can buy liquor.
And I drink a toast to this edition from Manta. Original poster artwork on the steel seals the deal for me.
He's more like 55 years old now, and you can buy liquor from 16-18 in most countries.

Reactions: Granada
yes, they arent official releases & not approved by any studios / licenser
Oh, I see. Well these studios can suck on my 70 hard drives with their 'intellectual property' on it, because this TV fan, having spent over the last 20+ years more on their products, than 100 other regular people, cannot officially buy 90% of their series.
So I feel justified, and if they're part of a collection, then a nicely done WCL release will be as well.

in terms of content the WCL edition is the best. So curious of what MLAB will propose ... there are some things they can't miss
the box should be the form of the monolith
Steelbook vintage ... but for the movie, don't know what they choose for lenti ... hope everything is consistent.
but I'm sure MLAB will propose great visuals !
And I don't think they fabricated an item for this movie, it has no symbol except the eye of A.I or the monolith

I have the book from Taschen, which looks like a monolith, absolutely great.

Reactions: jailbird_joey
in terms of content the WCL edition is the best. So curious of what MLAB will propose ... there are some things they can't miss
the box should be the form of the monolith
Steelbook vintage ... but for the movie, don't know what they choose for lenti ... hope everything is consistent.
but I'm sure MLAB will propose great visuals !
And I don't think they fabricated an item for this movie, it has no symbol except the eye of A.I or the monolith

I have the book from Taschen, which looks like a monolith, absolutely great.
Yeah, but I'd prefer the images weren't split on the fold..., put me off buying...

Reactions: leelee17