paulboland

Contributor Steels/Arrow
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: October 29, 2018
Purchase links: Amazon UK - Zavvi - HMV
Price: £34.99 (Amazon - Zavvi) - £32.99 (Hmv)
Notes: Includes booklet and artcards - Blu-ray using new 4K remastered scan

61eJJbOsv4L._SL1000_.jpg

Last edited:
3 Discs
4K UHD + Blu-ray + Blu-ray extras

Blu-ray will be using the new 4K remastered scan

Includes booklet and artcards

Amazon price will drop before release date
Other retailers will also be selling this

It's actually amazing that you could past the first minutes of the movie which are total black and with just some apparently "chaotic orchestra sounds"! :wow:
Or did you fast-forward it (be honest)? :p

That part, it IS actually an IMPORTANT part of the movie; myself had to re-watch it being past the adolescence age to really understand it and enjoy it.
Sure, all the movie is a very slow-paced, but it is more about what the IMAGES and SOUNDS tells, with less words and/or action.
Indeed, it is a high-mind deep-thoughts kind of movie even for nowadays albeit was made & released so much time ago (50 years, 1 month, 2 weeks today), and clearly not for everyone (no offense intended).

I know its regarded as a classic film, i have tried to watch it several times i just find it so boring after the first 30 minutes

Reactions: karl01
I know its regarded as a classic film, i have tried to watch it several times i just find it so boring after the first 30 minutes
The bit with the apes is pretty dull! I like the film but I even I admit it is seriously slow paced. I think it all quickens up once you do get past the apes scene.

Reactions: karl01
The monolith I have deduced at last is a 2000 inch UHD flat screen and we are simply the primitive monkey men going crazy over it. :whistle:

This set is much nicer than the disappointing steelbook with the added bonus of being cheaper :joy:. The slipbox is quite strong (2mm thick) with a gloss finish and embossing to the title on the front and spine.
The cards, which are sealed, are housed in a strong card wallet, which also has a glossy finish. Nice booklet with images from the film (no text).

I personally love this movie, although I appreciate it might not be for everyone, and don't mind the slightly higher cost over other standard 4K editions. The photos are a bit on the dark side, sorry :sorry:.

IMG_2848.JPG

IMG_2851.JPG

IMG_2849.JPG

IMG_2850.JPG

I watched it in 4k at the weekend on my new OLED 55 inch screen and it's a film that really does need to be seen on the big screen. Watching it on 4k give me a brand new appreciation of it and how brilliantly technical it is. The effects are flawless and the pace is superb. I think a lot of modern audiences are so used to fast edits and fast pacing that this type of film is simply not only unheard of now but simply wouldn't get made today which is a shame because as a masterclass in film making it puts most modern director's to shame....... The level of detail in the film from set designs to visuals is astonishing. Very very few films can claim to have changed cinema. This film can make such a claim. I'd also forgotten Rigby was in it![/QUOTE]

It looks like the shrink wrap is still on the box. Isn't the HDR sticker on the shrink wrap?
No I believe it’s actually printed on the box.

Yes, the shrinkwrap is still on the box; I tend to do that a lot, wherever possible, to protect from fingerprints etc. :thumbs:.

The '50 Years Ago' sticker is on the shrinkwrap. The ratings logos are stickers (there's one on the spine), but sadly the 'HDR' logo is printed on the slipbox (the stuff at the top is on a J-card) and as a result has ruined the artwork for me :(. Totally agree @Sigill I don't understand why it couldn't be a sticker; perhaps it's a trademark thing :dunno:.

Yes, the shrinkwrap is still on the box; I tend to do that a lot, wherever possible, to protect from fingerprints etc. :thumbs:.

The '50 Years Ago' sticker is on the shrinkwrap. The ratings logos are stickers (there's one on the spine), but sadly the 'HDR' logo is printed on the slipbox (the stuff at the top is on a J-card) and as a result has ruined the artwork for me :(. Totally agree @Sigill I don't understand why it couldn't be a sticker; perhaps it's a trademark thing :dunno:.

I understand keeping the shrinkwrap on boxes. I do the same for all of my boxes and box sets. For me it goes all the way back to VHS movies. I always just cut the plastic out of the bottom to get the tape out and left the rest of the shrinkwrap on the box.

• Thanks
Reactions: lenticularis
I understand keeping the shrinkwrap on boxes. I do the same for all of my boxes and box sets. For me it goes all the way back to VHS movies. I always just cut the plastic out of the bottom to get the tape out and left the rest of the shrinkwrap on the box.

I take the shrinkwrap off when the time comes to watch the movie... but I handle everything in cotton gloves. :cat: ...I also display everything in glass cabinet. It’s possible because I don’t have a huge collection (less than 200 films in total).

• Thanks
Reactions: Stygian