Hayao Miyazaki/Studio Ghibli Steelbooks

WHICH OF MIYAZAKIS FILMS WOULD YOU LIKE TO SEE RELEASED IN STEELBOOK?

• Nausicaa Of The Valley Of The Wind

Votes: 41 44.1%
  • Laputa: Castle In The Sky

Votes: 42 45.2%
  • Porco Rosso

Votes: 34 36.6%
  • Kiki's Delivery Service

Votes: 41 44.1%
  • My Neighbour Totoro

Votes: 52 55.9%
  • Princess Mononoke

Votes: 61 65.6%
  • Spirited Away

Votes: 67 72.0%
  • Howl's Moving Castle

Votes: 48 51.6%
  • Ponyo

Votes: 40 43.0%

• Total voters
Feb 24, 2012
UK
I have always been a huge fan of the work of Hayao Miyazaki, and own them all on DVD. His gorgeous films are screaming to be released in steelbook form and there is potential for some great artwork; either taken from the film itself or from the concept art (Anyone who owns any Art Of books for any of his films will know what I mean). A few of Miyazakis films are already available on Blu Ray in the UK through OPTIMUM ASIA as part of The Studio Ghibli Collection, OPTIMUM don't have a great track record when it comes to steelbook releases though, having only released feeble stickerbooks, case in point being the Play.com exclusive of Source Code so they'd really have to up their game to make this a reality. I look forward to your participation and your comments, thanks guys

STEELBOOKJUNKIE

Last edited:
Optimum is now StudioCanal who have released some nice Steelbooks recently, case in point being Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy and Rampart. Anyway I wouldn't mind seeing some of these in Steelbook form, I bet they could come up with some really nice designs.

Reactions: STEELBOOKJUNKIE
These titles would totally make my day if they ever got a steelbook release. Especially the classic titles along with Howl's Moving Castle, really surprised me at how good it was. :)

Definately to Nausicaa, Laputa and Princess mononoke, the others didnt really do it for me but would love to see them as steelbooks anyway. Ever seen 'Origin - spirits of the past?' - its manga nto ghibli but thats one id buy too, loved it.

Attachments

• origin-spirits-of-the-past-2006-r2-inside-cover-46793[1].jpg
    origin-spirits-of-the-past-2006-r2-inside-cover-46793[1].jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 225
poll's without a no, yes or none of the above options are pointless and don't really gauge true interest people have in getting a steel book or not. Mod's please add the necessary options to actually vote.

I would love to see a complete set to honest, all in glorious steelbook form.

There are these but they are seriously over priced in my opinion.

They really deserve the steelbook treatment