Hayao Miyazaki/Studio Ghibli Steelbooks

WHICH OF MIYAZAKIS FILMS WOULD YOU LIKE TO SEE RELEASED IN STEELBOOK?

• Nausicaa Of The Valley Of The Wind

Votes: 41 44.1%
  • Laputa: Castle In The Sky

Votes: 42 45.2%
  • Porco Rosso

Votes: 34 36.6%
  • Kiki's Delivery Service

Votes: 41 44.1%
  • My Neighbour Totoro

Votes: 52 55.9%
  • Princess Mononoke

Votes: 61 65.6%
  • Spirited Away

Votes: 67 72.0%
  • Howl's Moving Castle

Votes: 48 51.6%
  • Ponyo

Votes: 40 43.0%

• Total voters
Feb 24, 2012
UK
I have always been a huge fan of the work of Hayao Miyazaki, and own them all on DVD. His gorgeous films are screaming to be released in steelbook form and there is potential for some great artwork; either taken from the film itself or from the concept art (Anyone who owns any Art Of books for any of his films will know what I mean). A few of Miyazakis films are already available on Blu Ray in the UK through OPTIMUM ASIA as part of The Studio Ghibli Collection, OPTIMUM don't have a great track record when it comes to steelbook releases though, having only released feeble stickerbooks, case in point being the Play.com exclusive of Source Code so they'd really have to up their game to make this a reality. I look forward to your participation and your comments, thanks guys

STEELBOOKJUNKIE

Last edited:
I've got a nice selection of different coloured 2 disc edition dvd series from Hong Kong - but if my favourites were released again on blu-ray steelbooks then I'd definitely buy out of the above in the poll:

Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind - my all time favourite Ghibli film
Spirited Away
Laputa: Castle in the Sky
Kiki's Delivery Service
My Neighbour Totoro
Princess Mononoke

It would be tough to beat the Japanese releases honestly. The packaging of those is really nice as is. I honestly love the approach they took with the artwork on those, 1 color only and each film is a different color. If the steels matched that style and came with a nice booklet etc I'd be all over it. Come to think about it, how about amz.jp exclusive releases of all the films! Now I am dreaming!! :drool:

I would sell my grandmother for a Princess Mononoke steelbook.

But I don't care for the DNR being used on the Studio Canal releases (nor the slight colour tint they used on Castle in the Sky).

So I guess I would settle for a Disney Viva Metalpack

I would love a Steelbook release of (in order):

Kiki's Delivery Service
Howl's Moving Castle
Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind
Princess Mononoke
Spirited Away
Laputa

I would buy all Miyazaki Movies and also the other Studio Ghibli Movies. These are some of the greatest Movies ever made. My Neighbor Totoro is the best Children Movie ever made and it would be great if they get more attention. To be honest I never really understand the Disney hype. Don`t get me wrong I like several Disney Movies a lot as well (some not so much). But when it comes to Storytelling and the Animation itself I think they can`t reach the level of most (not all) Ghibli Movies.

Terrific news, really excited about this :oohyeah:. Now let`s just hope they get nice backs and look great. Nausicaa and My Neighbor Totoro rank very high in my favorite Movie list, everyone should check them out.

i really hope there will be more of the ghibli steels.
fireflies, mononoke and spirited away would be a dream!
studiocanal, if you're reading this:
bring it on!