The Shawshank Redemption (Blu-ray SteelBook) [United Kingdom]

snooloui

The 'Negative' Ninja
Premium Supporter
Feb 12, 2012
UK
The Shawshank Redemption: Steelbook (Blu-ray & DVD) (Blu-ray)

Release date is October 22nd

Note: No inside art, 4 discs

Purchase links:
Amazon.co.uk
HMV
Play.com

34784990_500x500_1.jpg

34784990_500x500_2.jpg

34784990_500x500_3.jpg

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• shawshank redemption.jpg
    shawshank redemption.jpg
    22.7 KB · Views: 382
Last edited:
Funny thing is this is still available on Amazon Ca for $14.99, which means you could ship it to the UK for less than Play want for this one.

Reactions: Frasr
Im glad i avoided most of the best buy ones now from the US!

Play.com are definitely taking advantage of us now :hilarious:

Yeah, think I'll be sticking with my Canadian version too. Play are chucking far too many steelbooks out for me to afford, so it's time to start passing on a few!

Reactions: whysoserious?
Funny thing is this is still available on Amazon Ca for $14.99, which means you could ship it to the UK for less than Play want for this one.

That's a good point , but i would rather pay the extra few pounds to have it from play and receive a non damaged steelbook every order i have purchased from Amazon Ca have been damaged .

just FYI, The rights for Shawshank Redemption aren't held with Warner Brothers in the UK, it's held with ITV releases. i doubt this will be the same steelbook

the standard BD was pretty much barebones with Dolby Digital 5.1

the other 2 releases announced today, In the Company of Wolves and Glengarry Glen Ross are also released by ITV IIRC

this is my fav film ever , i do have the canada steel though.
why cant play do some steels that have not been released in other countrys , the whole idea of steelbook collecting is that diff countrys get different films, we pay a lot of money for canada and usa steels 12months before but play go and do it 12 months later, if u look at most of the releases , u can get them everywhere and stop the horizonal artworks ,also please start slowing down with releases play , im spending all my dough on steels. haha sorry for that little moan there.

this is my fav film ever , i do have the canada steel though.
why cant play do some steels that have not been released in other countrys , the whole idea of steelbook collecting is that diff countrys get different films, we pay a lot of money for canada and usa steels 12months before but play go and do it 12 months later, if u look at most of the releases , u can get them everywhere and stop the horizonal artworks ,also please start slowing down with releases play , im spending all my dough on steels. haha sorry for that little moan there.

Sadly, I think this is the trend going forward. I think we have an idea that some studios really understand creating unique artwork and having a very limited edition print run.

Other studios do not. While I love the fact that Warner Bros. had embraced steelbooks full force, I just wish they could coordinate a bit better on the titles that they are releasing.

My best advice would be on a title from Warner Bros, it's best to wait if you can and see if it gets released in another country (or your own), if you are in no hurry to own them (if it's just nice to have).

Now I know why the Japan copy is being flogged off cheap. I cannot believe I am possibly going to pass on an iconic film when I have all UK Steels to date.

Price is wrong, should be maximum £13 for catalog release too imho, £16 is too heavy. Smacks of "profiteering".