Group buy: hosted by apsmith21

1657645470588.png

4K ULTRA HD™ / BLU-RAY™ SPECIAL FEATURES
  • Audio Commentary With Director James Mangold
  • “3:10 to Score” Featurette
  • “Sea to Shining Sea” Documentary
  • “A Conversation with Elmore Leonard” Featurette
  • “The Guns of Yuma” Featurette
  • Historical Timeline of the West (Blu-Ray™ Only)
  • Inside Yuma: An Exclusive Blu-ray Disc Interactive Experience
  • “Destination Yuma” Making-Of Documentary
  • “An Epic Explored” Featurette
  • “Outlaws, Gangs, and Posses” Documentary
  • Deleted Scenes
310toYumaBeautyShot2.jpg

Last edited:
Just want to mention to folks who are interested in the 4K disc.

I have read a few comments posted in a thread for this steelbook on another site that apparently the 4K transfer for the movie was bad. They're referring to a previous release but this will probably contain the same transfer. I can't confirm because I don't own a copy of this movie and I have never viewed the 4K disc.

But here are some quotes:

"...this 4k release was one of the worst reviewed releases to date."

"What a shame. A gorgeous steel for an abysmal transfer."

"...Awesome looking steelbook, but considering the 4K disc is essentially a drink coaster and I would only be watching the Blu-ray I already own..."

Just want to mention to folks who are interested in the 4K disc.

I have read a few comments posted in a thread for this steelbook on another site that apparently the 4K transfer for the movie was bad. They're referring to a previous release but this will probably contain the same transfer. I can't confirm because I don't own a copy of this movie and I have never viewed the 4K disc.

But here are some quotes:

"...this 4k release was one of the worst reviewed releases to date."

"What a shame. A gorgeous steel for an abysmal transfer."

"...Awesome looking steelbook, but considering the 4K disc is essentially a drink coaster and I would only be watching the Blu-ray I already own..."
lets hope we get some great artwork on the discs for some stylish coasters

• Haha
Reactions: Stygian
Great looking Steelbook. Hopefully a uk release ain't far off but Lionsgate always seem to drag their heels when it comes to their releases over here

Reactions: Falihn
Sweet! I have been waiting for a 4k release!
4k has been out for a while - and it's not a good transfer; many actually consider the 1080p Blu-ray superior.
Still, this is finally a reason to buy this film. :D
It's almost a shame that it's Lionsgate that is releasing this great line of steelbooks. IMO, they have a pretty bad track record when it comes to 4k transfers compared to most of the other major studios. The constant reuse of older upscaled Blu-ray masters can't hold a candle to the work that studios like Sony, Paramount, and to some extent Warner are doing.
But as I myself am pretty much exhibit A - this policy of "polishing the turd" via noice steelbooks is quite effective!

• Helpful Post
Reactions: jailbird_joey
If they would only know how to make great artwork steelbook and slipcase if they're deciding to do so and not half/half product. While their ability about making decent 4K transfers is just :BS:
Next time just make triple slipcase and on top of all shi*ty artwork like in this case.

4k has been out for a while - and it's not a good transfer; many actually consider the 1080p Blu-ray superior.
Still, this is finally a reason to buy this film. :D
It's almost a shame that it's Lionsgate that is releasing this great line of steelbooks. IMO, they have a pretty bad track record when it comes to 4k transfers compared to most of the other major studios. The constant reuse of older upscaled Blu-ray masters can't hold a candle to the work that studios like Sony, Paramount, and to some extent Warner are doing.
But as I myself am pretty much exhibit A - this policy of "polishing the turd" via noice steelbooks is quite effective!
Yeah I should have clarified. I held off on buying the amaray because I never saw it go on sale. I may have started collecting too late. I already have the zavvi steel so I'll probably use this for a disc swap, redeem the code and sell the steel.

hi all, just a quick update for anyone waiting for the GB to go live. I'm waiting a couple more days to see if the price drops or not. If it doesn't I'll start getting my orders in and will have to lock us in $21.99 instead of the normal $19.99.

there will be a group buy, I just didn't want to overcharge if it was a listing mistake that gets corrected quickly.

Thank you

I went ahead and posted a group buy - so I can get my orders in we'll have to stick with the $21.99 price instead of the $19.99 others have been offered at.

Just remember that I'm unable to price match. For me, Best Buy only drops the price if you ask customer service and for reasons you can probably guess, in regards to future group buys,
that's not a good idea.

I went ahead and posted a group buy - so I can get my orders in we'll have to stick with the $21.99 price instead of the $19.99 others have been offered at.

Just remember that I'm unable to price match. For me, Best Buy only drops the price if you ask customer service and for reasons you can probably guess, in regards to future group buys,
that's not a good idea.

Thanks again Andy. I really appreciate your help!

Reactions: apsmith21