300 (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

paulboland

Contributor Steels/Arrow
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: October 5, 2020
Purchase link: Zavvi (Pre-order on August 7 at 9 AM for Red Carpet, 12 PM general sale - UK time)
Price: £24.99

12663442-1434788338915166.jpg
12663442-1024788339128910.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
that is true, blank backs ... id like to see a classy matte, with spot gloss on leo ... thing is ... that shield design being off centered as it wraps definitely irks me .... kinda weird, I know that can be hard to line up from MOCK to PRINT ... but usually the MOCK has it right, then things dont go as planned ... so its weird to see the MOCK be shotty
well just noticed the single view is in line .... its the right, open view that is off ... so perhaps it will be correct after all.

Problem is, that usually happens when it’s a wrap around art. Because the art bleeds over to curve round the edges. So unless the art that wraps around has straight lines for example that are easier to match up when opened wide it will look like that. but like you said in regards to the single shot with the steel closed you can see it all lines up clearer. But unfortunately that usually happens with wrap arounds

Big fan of wraparounds and really diggin' the art overall. Agree with others though... the finish will make or break it. Not sure I need yet another steel/edition for this movie though.

Reactions: steelmybeatingheart
Was thinking the same thing. Might wait and see how hit turns out first before I snap it up.
That's the tricky part for me, what if it turns out to be glossy and debossed/embossed? If that's the case the chance of finding it for the original retail price will be much smaller. Unless someone restocks it, which probably will happen but knowing my luck I'll probably miss it :rofl:

Big fan of wraparounds and really diggin' the art overall. Agree with others though... the finish will make or break it. Not sure I need yet another steel/edition for this movie though.

As much as I believe this film hasn’t aged well at all and it’s really Just one giant music video like sucker punch, I only own the white WB wave steelbook. Which is dire IMO. But I do hope they give this the same treatment they gave either IT, oz, kong etc

That's the tricky part for me, what if it turns out to be glossy and debossed/embossed? If that's the case the chance of finding it for the original retail price will be much smaller. Unless someone restocks it, which probably will happen but knowing my luck I'll probably miss it :rofl:

The previous WB wave is all still in stock so maybe the same will happen to this. Unless the print run is lower or this film and art is more popular. but then I can’t remember if all of the last WB wave had European/ other territories releases. I know inception did for the US but I think only the U.K. got skull island and IT. Could be a gamble

As much as I believe this film hasn’t aged well at all and it’s really Just one giant music video like sucker punch, I only own the white WB wave steelbook. Which is dire IMO. But I do hope they give this the same treatment they gave either IT, oz, kong etc
Oh, I love the film! Rewatched it a couple months ago and thought it held up really well. Don't mind the white steelbook either, although I have actually been considering selling that wave of steels since they're all double-dips which I'm trying to cut down on.

Oh, I love the film! Rewatched it a couple months ago and thought it held up really well. Don't mind the white steelbook either, although I have actually been considering selling that wave of steels since they're all double-dips which I'm trying to cut down on.

I used to love it when I was younger and when it first came out. I used to watch it a lot. And it’s stylish in places but that’s about it for me now other than that it’s empty. Plus I think butler is one of the worst actors in the world although I do like him in this and rock n rolla

I have the white one from years ago. I will only upgrade to this if the 4K is actually an upgrade - it is heavily stylised and processed, so not exactly a perfect BD to begin with.

I used to love it when I was younger and when it first came out. I used to watch it a lot. And it’s stylish in places but that’s about it for me now other than that it’s empty. Plus I think butler is one of the worst actors in the world although I do like him in this and rock n rolla
I used to like Snyder when I was a kid. I can't stand his movie snow.

Shame, this is really nice artwork.

Last edited:
Reactions: Hereticz
I us3

I do like his movies, but I think 300 and sucker punch are hugely overrated. Basically glorified music videos

Dawn of the dead, Man of Steel and Watchmen are masterpieces imo especially Watchmen, it’s up there with the dark knight for me. Looking forward to the justice league Snyder cut too of course

I do like his movies, but I think 300 and sucker punch are hugely overrated. Basically glorified music videos

Dawn of the dead, Man of Steel and Watchmen are masterpieces imo especially Watchmen, it’s up there with the dark knight for me. Looking forward to the justice league Snyder cut too of course
For me, Dawn is his only decent movies an even then it pales in comparison to the original. Watchmen I thought was incredibly shallow and missing the point of the original.

I'm glad people liked it, but for me, it was as if Snyder just looked at the pretty pictures and remade them on screen.

Don't forget Unbreakable! Rewatched it last week and the twist at the end is just brilliant.
Watchmen, Unbreakable and Guardians Of The Galaxy take the top 3 for me.
Sounds like we have very similar taste... both of those are also top 5 (if not top 3) for me. :thumbs:

Reactions: zeebeer

For me, Dawn is his only decent movies an even then it pales in comparison to the original. Watchmen I thought was incredibly shallow and missing the point of the original.

I'm glad people liked it, but for me, it was as if Snyder just looked at the pretty pictures and remade them on screen.

Exactly this. Can´t stand the guy these days, he´s a dead meat for me, same as Michael Bay lol

I rewatched a DOTD few months ago after all those years since release and was a bit disappointed as well. The over the top camera filters and color saturation Is so unfitting for such film. It´s still his best work though, but original is much better. I also watched my favourite 28 days later and still love it the same, the first and real king among "fast zombies" films, pure masterpiece compare to Zack´s DOTD lol

Watchmen I still need to rewatch after all those years, I remember I liked it back then, but dont have high hopes now :LOL:

Reactions: MrSquifler
Exactly this. Can´t stand the guy these days, he´s a dead meat for me, same as Michael Bay lol

I rewatched a DOTD few months ago after all those years since release and was a bit disappointed as well. The over the top camera filters and color saturation Is so unfitting for such film. It´s still his best work though, but original is much better. I also watched my favourite 28 days later and still love it the same, the first and real king among "fast zombies" films, pure masterpiece compare to Zack´s DOTD lol

Watchmen I still need to rewatch after all those years, I remember I liked it back then, but dont have high hopes now :LOL:

love 28 days later and although the template of the film is like a zombie film I’ve never actually considered it to be one. Because they are just infected (not the dead) and have the rage but it’s close

Reactions: Hereticz