Life of Pi 3D (Blu-ray SteelBook) [India]

Researcher

Premium Supporter
Jan 7, 2013
Bangalore
Region free
Update - 2 Blu Ray discs with movie content included. No third disc.
3D disc is Region B and C only. 2D disc is region free per the print on the discs.
However, not tested, so cannot confirm until someone tests these.

Release date - April 9th, 2013
3d + 2d Blu Ray discs included

Comes with lenticular magnetic card above the debossed part of the front.
Looks to be non-lenticular?

Unfortunately no worldwide shipping from the seller, free delivery within India though :)
Flipkart - INR 1999 (~ GBP 24.45)
Infibeam - INR 1739 (~ GBP 21.25)

P-M-MO-8901736065184.jpg

Attachments

• 01.jpg
    01.jpg
    134.6 KB · Views: 224
Last edited:
group buy? :D

Unlikely to generate enough interest for a GB Fariz... But would be happy to help you out if you want :)

I think the steel will be quite simple, without any debossing, embossing and as it appears without the lenticular front. Plus the fact that this is a very late release announcement as compared to the other countries means that most collectors are already invested in other versions and may not really be keen on this one :)

Reactions: fariz
All these steelies are released by Excel videos which seems to be the only company for now releasing steelbooks here. Sony is coming out with Hobbit 3d somewhere in April I guess. Quality wise I feel all these steelies are at par with any of the releases world wide. Only thing missing maybe is the lenticular slip cover.

All these steelies are released by Excel videos which seems to be the only company for now releasing steelbooks here. Sony is coming out with Hobbit 3d somewhere in April I guess. Quality wise I feel all these steelies are at par with any of the releases world wide. Only thing missing maybe is the lenticular slip cover.

I did receive my copy of the Indian Skyfall release today, and have to say that I'm not disappointed with the quality of the steel. It's comparable to the UK version tbh! Can't say that excel isnt doing a good job :thumbs:

I personally like this release, simply coz its different from the lenticular releases coming out everywhere else! The one to get IMHO!

Its nice to see steelbooks market is increasing in India.

Agree. I hope they continue the trend of bringing out quality steels here mate :D

The games have begun!:oohyeah:

---------- Post added 03-17-2013 at 12:17 AM ---------- Previous post was 03-16-2013 at 11:25 PM ----------

That didn't take too long! Trust the studios to flog it for everything it's got :hilarious:

life-of-pi-3d-steel-book-400x400-imadgzd2ezzchdwf.jpeg

Take a look at the sticker EEK!

I hope this has internal artwork as well. If so, I will cancel my UK steel order and buy this one. As both are 2 disk.

But one confusion is there, This only contains 3D movie only right? no 2D movie.

how can one go about getting some indian steelbooks?
Im frm the uk, would be nice to get alien anthology

Mate, good question. I don't know of a GB having been held for an Indian steel before, and I'd be surprised to learn there had been one, considering the limited number of releases we've had thus far. Having said that interest in these is growing, along with the number of Indian members on this forum :)

You could ask an indian member for help and I'm sure you'll find us willing! Do remember that shipping from India is a trifle expensive (about 12-13 quid to UK), so costs may even out by the time it reaches you mate.

Confused only because both flipkart and infibeam have mentioned 2 disks only in description.
You are right of course crossbow, I guess we can only wait and watch. Though my money is on 3 discs right now :D in any case, will defo have the 3d and 2d version, as stated in the description on the retailer sites :)

Mate, good question. I don't know of a GB having been held for an Indian steel before, and I'd be surprised to learn there had been one, considering the limited number of releases we've had thus far. Having said that interest in these is growing, along with the number of Indian members on this forum :)

You could ask an indian member for help and I'm sure you'll find us willing! Do remember that shipping from India is a trifle expensive (about 12-13 quid to UK), so costs may even out by the time it reaches you mate.

Indeed shipping will be number one issue. I had sent some damaged (in transit) steelbooks back to amazon, both DE and UK, and DE shipping cost me 1000 INR (20 USD) and UK shipping cost me some 750 INR (15 USD).
Having said that, If rarity of Indian Steelbook gets justified, and thus getting more GB requests, Some of us from India can arrange for something.

Till then, Best would be to look for stock at store named "rhythmhouse", as IMO they ship internationally.

You are right of course crossbow, I guess we can only wait and watch. Though my money is on 3 discs right now :D in any case, will defo have the 3d and 2d version, as stated in the description on the retailer sites :)
True mate. If it's lenticular, and contains both 2D + 3D movies, It's becoming blind buy. :oohyeah:
But How can you tell that it's containing both 2D + 3D movies? They are explicitly mentioning 3D movie only in description. Second disk-2D Disk is all extras

Till then, Best would be to look for stock at store named "rhythmhouse", as IMO they ship internationally.

Do they have a lot of steelbook options? Wondering as the store is a little difficult to search and navigate through. But if they do carry the indian releases, could be the place to place orders from!

True mate. If it's lenticular, and contains both 2D + 3D movies, It's becoming blind buy. :oohyeah:
But How can you tell that it's containing both 2D + 3D movies? They are explicitly mentioning 3D movie only in description. Second disk-2D Disk is all extras
I actually am not sure that the Indian release is lenticular, given the picture that was uploaded by the retailers. Let's say I'll be very very disappointed if the steel didn't come with the 3rd disc with the movie on at least 2 of them!

rhythmhouse.in(Kala Ghoda) is Mumbai based store. And as far as music and movie media i concerned they are quite old and established retailers IMO. Ya their website is not that best like flipkart in terms of navigation and searching but does the work.
I have not bought from them till now. I also got to about them from some online friends. Some members at BR forum are already using their service to source Indian blu-rays internationally.

Oh and one more good thing about them, They provide up-to-date information for any title listed. For example, "The incredibles" Indian Blu-ray edition is region B locked, Everywhere else it was mentioned Region Free except there. just one example.

Last edited by a moderator:

I'm not sure if it was a member of HDN hosting a GB but there was an Indian Steelbook called 'Dhobi Ghat' that was expressing interest a while back:thumbs:

"Dhobi ghat" is first and only Bollywood Blu-ray Steelbook released till now. So that's why it must have created some buzz. There are lots of other Indian movies which if received Steelbook treatment, can sell quite a copies.

But here, it's totally different market. As price is first important issue with Indian consumer. So there are not enough peeps (at least considering mainstream buyer) who are interested in collective stuff. But I guess that's total different subject.

But one more good thing about life of Pi Indian Steelbook is it's releasing in 9th April, before UK iirc.

Mine got despatched today, should have the pictures up tomorrow! :oohyeah:

---------- Post added at 11:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:20 PM ----------

how can one go about getting some indian steelbooks?
Im frm the uk, would be nice to get alien anthology

I got a copy for another member I'll be shipping out soon. Check out the thread, I'll be putting those pics up in 5 mins. Happy to help you too, if you're still interested.