Status
Not open for further replies.

Antman

Steelbook Avenger
Premium Supporter
Feb 26, 2011
Lincolnshire, UK
Calling UK Ninjas!

There is a possibility of securing a few copies of the Best Buy exclusive of The Amazing Spider Man which is currently on sale in the US.

I've started the thread so we can ascertain interest levels.

US Ninjas will attempt to pick up copies which will then ship to me for onward distribution in the UK.

Indicative costs

(Steelbook £14.25 (inc taxes); packing & shipping to UK £5; onward shipping in UK £4; HDN GB fee £2.90) Total = £26.15 (+PayPal fees)

HDN Fees = $10 Group Buy Fee + $3.50 per item; so 10 steelbooks = $45 = $4.50 per steel = £2.90

(Be nice to add something to say thanks to our US Ninja colleagues)

Initially limited to 10 copies.

1. Antman (Paid :) ;)) customs paid :)
2. iheartsteel (Paid :)) customs paid :) RECEIVED
3. Carlos (Paid :)) customs paid :) RECEIVED
4. jstn (Paid :)) customs paid :) RECEIVED
5. {param} replaced by Cymon H (Paid :)) customs paid :) RECEIVED
6. {param} replaced by wyatt03 (Paid ::) RECEIVED
7. Yellowcake (Paid :)) customs paid :) RECEIVED
8. Higgser (Paid :)) customs paid RECEIVED
9. {param} replaced by K4RIMIN4L (Paid :)) customs paid :) RECEIVED
10. Lexkon (Paid :)) customs paid :) RECEIVED

Reserves

*UPDATE* 5th May 2013

Apsmith21 has helped to secure ten copies of the steel book from Best Buy :)

There is a small issue in that a few copies have very minor shrink wrap tears, but Andy has checked and found no dints/dents.

I will NOT be opening the steelbooks before forwarding them on, so its pot luck as to which one you receive.

I have paid for everything up front, so requests for payment have now been sent and I've asked for this to be done by Tuesday 7th May please - you should all have a PM :)

*UPDATE* 6th May 2013

The steels are already en route to the UK, so with luck may have these for the w/e :)

Thanks to those who paid, so promptly - look forward to remaining payments and then getting these forwarded on.

*UPDATE 15th May*

The steels have landed :)

I will unpack tomorrow and ensure all OK, but package seems to have arrived in good order.

arysyny8.jpg

8yda5yve.jpg

umazysa9.jpg

ebytetep.jpg

*UPDATE 16th May*
All bar one steel packed and shipped :)

Photos in latest post and tracking numbers posted above :)
Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:
slight price increase as just been advised the sale price doesn't include US taxes and didn't realise how much the HDN Group Buy fees were.

Last edited:
Reactions: digitalbabe
Just a thought but if a few people are trying to get these, once there is a few on the list wouldn't it be better to ship direct to each person and save two lots of shipping fees ?

Please ignore if this isn't feasible !

Reactions: iheartsteel
Just a thought but if a few people are trying to get these, once there is a few on the list wouldn't it be better to ship direct to each person and save two lots of shipping fees ?

Please ignore if this isn't feasible !

You are almost certainly right, but that will require one of our US buddies to take over the GB ;)

We'll have to see firstly how popular this is and more importantly how many steels can be secured...

Reactions: Carlos
You are almost certainly right, but that will require one of our US buddies to take over the GB ;)

We'll have to see firstly how popular this is and more importantly how many steels can be secured...

:thumbs: as i say just tell me to shut up as i can go on a bit :D

I was thinking that if a few of our US buddies do manage to get them then they will be in different parts of the US which means either shipping them to someone in the US to send as a batch to you or shipping them individually to you.

So wouldn't it be easier if there are only a few in the group buy for you to take the payments then pass on each of our details to the US guys to send direct ?

As i say it was only an idea and may involve things i haven't even considered having never done a group buy :)

FYI - to ship a single copy of this steelbook (which is unusually heavier, 8.3 oz, than your average steelbook, 5.5 oz) from anywhere in the US to the UK with First Class International Parcel rate, it costs between USD$14-17 depending on the packing materials.

Reactions: Carlos and Antman
FYI - to ship a single copy of this steelbook (which is unusually heavier, 8.3 oz, than your average steelbook, 5.5 oz) from anywhere in the US to the UK with First Class International Parcel rate, it costs between USD$14-17 depending on the packing materials.

So, just to clarify - Ash is suggesting £9-£11 to ship direct and we are tentatively saying £9 if all 10 get shipped direct to me together and then I forward them on.

Either way there is not much in it in terms of shipping cost to you guys :)

You have other options if you know a US based Ninja, but please ensure you don't put your name down if you think you're better off sourcing direct :)

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:
Ant, thanks for offering to be a uk hub-shipping multiple steels to one person in one country is of course cheaper than shipping one by one. Since you are offering to send within the uk once you get them, uk folks should still be able to benefit. The same is often done for other group buys done at HDN:) good luck!

:::: Digitalbabe ::::

Staff/Community Manager
Hidefninja.com

Reactions: ash333 and Antman
Saw a bunch of these last month at a Best Buy I normally don't go to. I'm going that direction today, I'll see if they still have any still.

Status
Not open for further replies.