Travelling Ninja
Premium Supporter
Preliminary Release Date: September 18th, 2013
Price: 299 kr
Purchase link: Star Trek - Into Darkness
Notes: 2 discs

star_trek_into_darkness_limited_steelbook_3d_blu_ray_blu_ray_2_disc.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
This is probably the same ark-work like the danish release, all the Scandinavian releases are the same all the time.

Unfortunately a big problem sometimes with Scandinavian releases is the subtitle, there's only Scandinavians languages not even English for the hearing impaired, that happened with the Hobbit 3D steelbook release, but who knows, finger cross.

Last edited:
This is probably the same ark-work like the danish release, all the Scandinavian releases are the same all the time.

Unfortunately a big problem sometimes with Scandinavian releases is the subtitle, there's only Scandinavians languages not even English for the hearing impaired, that happened with the Hobbit 3D steelbook release, but who knows, finger cross.

Are you positive about this - do you have the Steelbook discs for verification?

I have the regular Hobbit 3D release and it has English SDH, German SDH, Danish, Finnish, Icelandic, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese and Swedish subtitles.

I'd be truly surprised if Warner would've used different discs for the Steelbook, but I guess anything is possible.

Off the top of my head, I can't remember any Scandinavian Warner Blu-ray release which wouldn't have had English subtitles.

Are you positive about this - do you have the Steelbook discs for verification?

I have the regular Hobbit 3D release and it has English SDH, German SDH, Danish, Finnish, Icelandic, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese and Swedish subtitles.

I'd be truly surprised if Warner would've used different discs for the Steelbook, but I guess anything is possible.

Off the top of my head, I can't remember any Scandinavian Warner Blu-ray release which wouldn't have had English subtitles.
Yes, The Hobbit 3D steelbook has no English subtitle, just Danish, Finish, Norwegian, and Swedish.
You can check HERE

Reactions: robbodoc
[/SPOILER]
Yes, The Hobbit 3D steelbook has no English subtitle, just Danish, Finish, Norwegian, and Swedish.
You can check HERE

Mmm... I wouldn't trust any on-line seller to necessarily get the subtitle information right. Amazon, Discshop, etc., they all often mention just the subtitle languages that they feel to be most relevant to their domestic customer base.

Mmm... I wouldn't trust any on-line seller to necessarily get the subtitle information right. Amazon, Discshop, etc., they all often mention just the subtitle languages that they feel to be most relevant to their domestic customer base.

That not the only way I know, I have been to blockbuster and had the steelbook in my hand and I saw that the only subtitle available were those 4.

That not the only way I know, I have been to blockbuster and had the steelbook in my hand and I saw that the only subtitle available were those 4.

My Amaray release mentions Finnish, Swedish, Danish, Norwegian, Icelandic and English SDH subtitles on the back cover. Yet the disc itself has German, Polish and Portuguese subtitles in addition to those.

I'm still not completely convinced that the Steelbok discs wouldn't have English subtitles, distributors often print what easily fits in the space available.

Note that the distributor has updated the description; this is a 3-disc release with a DVD Bonus disc making this release identical with the Finnish Discshop.fi release.