06.jpg

07.jpg

08.jpg

Price: $299.99
Manufacturer: Hot Toys
Link: Pre-order

What's in the Box?
The Iron Man - Mark XXI Midas Sixth Scale Figure features:
•Authentic likeness of Midas (Mark XXI), the high-altitude suit, in the Iron Man 3
•Approximately 30 cm tall
•Over 36 points of articulations
•Special features on armor:
◦Multitude of layers and shades of metallic gold-colored painting on armor
◦LED-lighted eyes andcircle-shaped RT on chest (white light, battery operated)
◦One (1) removable chest armor
◦One (1) pair of interchangeable forearm rockets
◦Three (3) pairs of interchangeable palms including:
◦One (1) pair with improved articulations, movable fingers and light-up repulsors (white light, battery operated)
◦One (1) pair of forceful fists
◦One (1) pair of repulsor palms
◦Two (2) sets of interchangeable shoulder armors (normal & missile styles)
◦Improved articulations on waist armor which allow flexible movement
◦Fully deployed air flaps at back of the armor with built-in metal flaps
◦Articulated flaps at the back of armor on left and right legs

Accessory:
One (1) circular figure stage with transparent pillar

Last edited by a moderator:
Limited to 800 Units!?!

I think its more likely that there will be 800 available for pick up at the various Far East toy fairs and then subsequently they'll be made available to the rest of the world.

I'm curious to know if this is really a Summer 2013 exclusive version (like the BD MkVII) or just another to add to the collection.
I'm a HT Iron Man junkie and love the colour variation but even I'm having a hard time stomaching yet another suit :hilarious:

Yeah this is probably like the Avenger's MKVI exclusive probably. Came out for toy fairs in Asia, then SSC had them for Pre-orders like a month later.

I think its more likely that there will be 800 available for pick up at the various Far East toy fairs and then subsequently they'll be made available to the rest of the world.

I'm curious to know if this is really a Summer 2013 exclusive version (like the BD MkVII) or just another to add to the collection.
I'm a HT Iron Man junkie and love the colour variation but even I'm having a hard time stomaching yet another suit :hilarious:

Yeah, think 800 in total is not worth all the advertising at the end ;-)
So this would then ne the FIRST available HOT TOYS MMS Iron Man 3 Mark Armour?
But then it must be a repaint of Mark VII???
Waiting for more Pics and Infos!
Maybe the Box will also be "shiny/gold" :naughty:

But then it must be a repaint of Mark VII???
Waiting for more Pics and Infos!
Maybe the Box will also be "shiny/gold" :naughty:

Yeah, alot of the forum chat is saying that this is basically a MkVII repaint so you can imagine the amount of negative comments that generates :D
Hopefully Hot Toys will produce something special for this edition than just slapping a "Summer Exclusive" sticker on it

HT is getting ridiculous at this point...
seems like they only work on IM project at the moment :angry:

HT is getting ridiculous at this point...
seems like they only work on IM project at the moment :angry:

Yeah, seems IM3 is a too strong seller at the moment!

But here is some recent Q&A with Howard Chan @ACGHHK / Mark Osr
1. After the release of Jor El, are you considering a Russel Crowe figure as Maximus from the Gladiator movie?

No plans on making it at the moment.

2. Since the movie MOS was a worldwide success, do you plan to make other character figure besides Superman, Jor EL, General Zod? Faora?

Maybe, Depends on the success of the MOS figures.

3. Do you have any plans on releasing Maria Hill figure from the Avengers movie, and the most requested Pepper Potts? by the way, we saw a teaser about Bruce Banner with his clothes on, when will it be released for pre-order?

No plans on making Maria Hill figure, But we are already in the process of making Pepper Potts, head sculpt is ready by now. Bruce Banner needs approval, hopefully soon.

4. Any news on the reissue of Predators figures line, from the movie Predator, Predator 2, Predators, AVP, AVP Requiem? We saw teasers before about the ¼ line, are they just delayed or cancelled already? Regarding the Prometheus Movie, is there also a delay on the figures?

Prometheus is soon, We might remake Elder Predator, Dutch, and other predators.

5. Johnny Depp is the most favoured Hot Toys figure, any advice when will the Ichabod Crane? Or any other JD figures you want to produce besides those characters provided? Like reissuing Edward Scissorhands, Alice in wonderland, Public Enemies, Charlie and the chocolate factory, etc

Ichabod Crane is almost done. although we want to, we have no plans with regards to Alice in Wonderland and Charlie Chocolate factory.

6. Regarding the Dark Knight movie figure line, Any plans on making Ras Al Ghul, Blake Police uniform, Gordon with formal suit, or others not in the list?

Ras Al Ghul not yet confirmed but many messaged us about it. Yes, we will make Blake but not Gordon with formal suit.

7. Why is there a delay on X-Men First Class figure line?, Even Professor X is delayed, will this line still be continued?

We will try to make it for next year, maybe release it together with the movie release of X-Men: Days of Future Past.

8. Regarding the figures from the movie Batman Returns, You told me last time they will be released last Dec 2012, Any reason of the delay? Do you have any plans on making another Batman figure or perhaps other characters like Penguin, Catwoman, Riddler, etc?

Yes, We will still make it but the release date will be delayed.

9. Any update you can share on the Back to the Future figures? Which figure do you prioritize to make? Marty Mcfly, Doc Browm, or the Delorean?

Yes, they will be postponed to 2014.

10. I know you are an avid Star Wars fan, but your Star Wars line up are all delayed, Any reason why? Also After Luke Skywalker, What other characters are you planning to make? (ex: Han Solo, Princess Leia, Anakin Skywalker)

Yes Anakin Skywalker but it will also be a little delayed but it will definitely be a DX.

11. Batman Arkham City was a huge success with gamers, will you be making a Batman or Joker figure based on it?

Delayed also.

12. Is the Terminator ¼ Line still a go? Any news regarding Michael Jackson Smooth Criminal figure, Why is the delay? Also the Rocky and Rambo figures?

Yes, Terminator 1/4 line is still a go. The Michael Jackson Smooth Criminal is also a go but delayed because it has a pending approval. and yes, Rocky and Rambo figures will be continued and maybe Rocky figure will be released earlier than the Rambo figure.

13. Any plans on making a Commando figure or Conan the Barbarian?

We are planning on the Commando figure but no news with Conan the Barbarian.

So at LEAST there is hope... for some more delays ;)

Reactions: Drum18 and Uraki
6. Regarding the Dark Knight movie figure line, Any plans on making Ras Al Ghul, Blake Police uniform, Gordon with formal suit, or others not in the list?

Ras Al Ghul not yet confirmed but many messaged us about it. Yes, we will make Blake but not Gordon with formal suit

Hopefully Ras Al Ghul will come through but pleased to hear about Blake :LOL:

Man there coming out with these IM's so quick it's hard to keep up. I think he looks bad ass :drool: but there are others I want more so because of funds I'm probably not going to get this one. Bummer :(

Man there coming out with these IM's so quick it's hard to keep up. I think he looks bad ass :drool: but there are others I want more so because of funds I'm probably not going to get this one. Bummer :(

Yeah, there are to much ANNOUNCED lately! But when will they really be ready to ship???

The next one REALLY beeing available (and then need to be paid for) should be Iron Patriot... but when??? Possibly November 2013?
I want to see a price for Mark 21 first! I like the armour (and the colouring), but it is VERY similar to Mark VII (if not a repaint!!!)...
But what is really interesting with this is that it should be AVAILABLE TO COLLECT from the end of this month on these conventions???

what is really interesting with this is that it should be AVAILABLE TO COLLECT from the end of this month on these conventions???

Only those that have be made for the Toy Fairs will be available to collect (about 800).
I'm sure some of these will end up on ebay but be prepared to pay top dollar for these - already seeing sellers asking between $400 - $700 EEK!
Ppl pre-ordering from the conventions (and subsequently over at Sideshow) can expect at least 3-4 months wait, similar to the BD Mk7
Will be interested too to see what Sideshow will ask for this

Reactions: MK50
What did this suit do in the movie? I seem to have missed it, probably distracted by all the other eye candy in the final scene :p

Alittle more news (and price) released from Hot Toys on Mk21 exclusive, especially for those lucky enough to be in Singapore this coming w/e...

Singapore Toy, Game & Comic Convention (STGCC) is just around the corner!
Singapore Toy, Game & Comic Convention (STGCC) is just around the corner! Hot Toys and Action City are proud to exhibit in the event again!

In addition to the three special editions of collectible figures for pre-order – the Silver Centurion (Mark XXXIII), Tony Stark (The Mechanic), Eric Draven,
the highly anticipated Hot Toys 1/6th scale Midas (Mark XXI) Collectible Figure will be available for purchase at the STGCC event, on a first come, first served basis.

Every purchase comes with a special Mark XXI gift pack which includes the following premiums:
- Specially Designed Mark XXI T-Shirt
- Exclusive Mark XXI poster
- Mark XXI paper fan
- ActionCity Voucher (for exclusive use with Iron Man 3 Steel Book)
- Hot Toys Voucher (for exclusive use at STGCC for pre-paid purchase)

800 sets of the 1/6 th scale Midas (Mark XXI) Collectible Figure from Iron Man 3 will be available at the event.

For more details on the queues to purchase Hot Toys’ Toy Fairs exclusive items, please visit http://www.singaporetgcc.com/exclusives-new-products

The event will be hosted this coming weekend from 31st August to 1st September 2013 at Hall B & C, Level 1, Sands Expo & Convention Center, Marina Bay Sands.
Fans please come visit us at booth E3 at the venue to discover the one-of-its-kind showcases there

Price quoted on FB is S$379.90 (US$190 / HK$1485 / £125).
For the asking price, the exclusive package seems quite decent.
Probably HK will get a similar price. So if/when this becomes available to rest of the world, we may see Sideshow price this around US$250 (minus all the convention goodies :p)

IM_Midas.jpg

Reactions: Il Furiano and MK50