Operations Director
Staff Member
Aug 6, 2010
USA
Release date: October 9th, 2013
Price: EUR 29.99
Purchase link: Amazon FR
Notes: 3D Blu-ray with Lenticular Magnet
This wave will be EXCLUSIVE to the Espace Culturel E.Leclerc. Print run said to be very limited. Will be similar to German Ice Age 4.

81OM0ZFhTRL._SL800_.jpg

91i3BpMu5KL._SL800_.jpg

Attachments

• thumb.jpg
    thumb.jpg
    26.1 KB · Views: 225
Last edited by a moderator:
Good it's similar to MM one, so many saved and will be sticking with MM for any future releases too :naughty:

First time ever that this media branch (Espace Culturel) of this famous French retailer (Centre Leclerc) is having an exclusive collection. I'm glad another player joined the game, the more competition the better !

I bought the French Titanic and Prometheus steelbooks when they were released last fall, I purchased the British Life of Pi lenticular four months ago, so for this wave that only leaves me with Avatar (which I already have on amaray, not the extended cut though), Rio and Ice Age 4. I'll definitely get those two animated films :) !

My mum lives 1 km away from a Leclerc store, so I guess I'll have to convince her of the necessity of buying steelbooks :rofl: (lenticular on top of it). It's probably not a coincidence that the French Epic lenticular steelbook, also from Fox, is released on the same day.

This is a very limited wave indeed.

When I got back from my semester in Memphis three weeks ago, first thing I did was going to a Centre Leclerc and ask about this wave. And they told me that it was available as a test in only one store in Brittany (in Lorient I think he said), that there were other specific stores doing the test too (Bidou's Leclerc in Lyon too apparently), and that if it sold well more of this wave would be produced and they could get some.

And if you don't know, Brittany is kind of the birthplace of Centres Leclerc, the Northwest of France is where there are most Leclerc stores (I don't know about Espaces Culturels, which are not in all Leclerc stores, but still), so for the whole région to get only one test store means this was, at first, very limited.

Now, with FNAC selling them too, I don't know if they're still extremely limited, but I do know I snagged the last Rio and Ice Age 4 on the shelf and that there were no Life of Pi, Avatar, Prometheus or Titanic.

I cheerfully opened it :) :

slboDEy.jpg

dEBqcnD.jpg

N.B: the film is in 2D & 3D on the same disc.

=> Pics of the Rio lenticular.

Last edited:
Reactions: ash333 and Kaka1888