Alien Series (Separate Steelbooks) [UK]

Would you like to see the Alien movies released in separate Steelbooks?

• Alien

Votes: 146 98.6%
  • Aliens (already announced @Zavvi)

Votes: 79 53.4%
  • Alien 3

Votes: 105 70.9%
  • Alien Resurrection

Votes: 97 65.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

digitalbabe

Premium Supporter
Apr 12, 2009
USA
Hi All,

I am adding a separate poll, as our 1st was locked when separate Steels were released in other regions.

Since Zavvi has announced 'Aliens', and will be closely watching how it sells before being able to convince the studio to release the others, please vote here, if you are an Alien/Aliens fan. As with all of our threads, you'll be able to show your enthusiasm for this franchise, and the thread will be made available to Zavvi, and hopefully that will aid in making the other parts of the series happen.

Meantime, you can show your support and pre-order Aliens-Zavvi Exclusive UK Steelbook here!

February 2014 Update:
The Alien serie:
Alien || Aliens || Alien 3 || Alien Resurrection (still not announced)

aliens live final.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd Pre order all of the SB's.. really want these to be in my collection, so day one for all. Hope this gets lots of votes... we only need 4000 lol :oohyeah:

Would love to see Ridley Scott's '79 classic Alien get a separate steelbook release too!

Films 3 and 4 were nowhere near as good as the first 2.

Reactions: howiesteed
Really want to see Ridley's Alien get a UK SteelBook™ release for sure, and of course I've already pre-ordered Aliens.

I won't be too upset if the others don't make it because I already have multiple collector's boxsets of all these films, and they aren't my favourite films of the franchise, but if they were to be released I'd more than likely succumb just to complete the SteelBook™ alien collection lol

Pre-ordered Aliens from Zavvi already... the only other one I'd be interested in is Alien. :thumbs:

I'm a die hard fan. Alien is my favourite film of all time and both it & Aliens are the obvious masterpieces but I also love 3, especially the directors cut and I admire part 4. Truth be told I love anything with those mighty xenomorphs in it and I would love to own all 4. Really hope it happens after the announcement of Aliens via Zavvi!

I'd Pre order all of the SB's.. really want these to be in my collection, so day one for all. Hope this gets lots of votes... we only need 4000 lol :oohyeah:

Thanks everyone for showing your enthusiasm for the series. There are many more lurkers than folks that speak up, but anonymous voting without comments is cool, too-it really helps when studios are hesitant-hopefully they can be convinced for these.

Reactions: jonnie123 and chunk
Yes but instead of announcing them separately, they should do them all together in a boxset and charge say £40 for the lot. I really liked the way Warner did The Dark Knight Trilogy in Germany for example. It would be really cool if other studios (like Fox) copied that idea.

think this will eventually happen, the quicker aliens sells out the better.
honestly not very keen on alien, aliens is a classic, 3 is much better than people think especially the directors cut, but resurrection start of quite good and drops to nothing much from about half way on

Yes if they have the original cinema poster artwork , Imagine Alien with the debossed egg and title. :scat:

Attachments

• alien_movie_poster.jpg
    alien_movie_poster.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 185
Reactions: chunk
I Pre-ordered Aliens from Zavvi on the Day it went Live

100% purchase was a automatic decision
Do I want the others
Alien 100% yes
Alien 3 100% yes
Alien 4 100% yes
:LOL::LOL::LOL:
I already have the Alien Box Set
that wont stop me double dipping

I'm Looking forward to getting Aliens Steelbook:thumbs:

Reactions: chunk
I Pre-ordered Aliens from Zavvi on the Day it went Live

100% purchase was a automatic decision
Do I want the others
Alien 100% yes
Alien 3 100% yes
Alien 4 100% yes
:LOL::LOL::LOL:
I already have the Alien Box Set
that wont stop me double dipping

I'm Looking forward to getting Aliens Steelbook:thumbs:

I have the 6 disc BD boxset too, I've even kept my 9 disc dvd boxset as well cos I love its packaging.. One day I hope to get the egg but for now I'm looking forward to the steels (I think alien will have a steel for sure, I just can't see them not doing it:D maybe I'm just being hopeful)

Others have commented on the directors cut for alien 3.. I have to say the first time I saw that I felt like I was being treated to a whole new film...:scat: awesome:scat:

Reactions: paulboland
Some have mentioned the Director's Cut of Alien 3. Alien 3 is not a Director's Cut as David Fincher had noting to do with it. Alien 3 is an Extended Cut done by the studio and so is the Theatrical Cut. We will probably never see the true vision of David Fincher as he doesn't want to be associated with Alien 3 after the studio took the movie from him.

I'd love to see them all as individual releases. The first 2, i agree, are the classics, but with the right treatment the full set could really look cool. .

would only buy 1 & 2 for sure. Would more than likely pass on 3 & 4. Although if they made the set with a collective spine image (similar to Star Trek Blufans), I'd probably have to buy all 4.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.