Arrow Films
Amazon
Zavvi

UPC/EAN : 5027035010915

Spec : Language: English, Subtitles: English SDH, Audio: TBC, Region: B

Special features:
SPECIAL FEATURES:
• Limited Edition SteelBook packaging
• High Definition Blu-ray (1080p) presentation of the feature, transferred from original film elements by MGM
• Original uncompressed Mono PCM Audio
• Optional Isolated Music and Effects Track
• Optional English SDH subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing
• Audio commentary with director and producer Roger Corman
• Audio commentary by critic Tim Lucas
• Behind the Swinging Blade – A new documentary on the making of The Pit and the Pendulum featuring Roger Corman, star Barbara Steele, Vincent Price’s daughter Victoria Price and more!
• Added TV Sequence – Shot in 1968 to pad out the film for the longer TV time slot, this scene features star Luana Anders
• An Evening of Edgar Allan Poe with Vincent Price [52 mins] – Price reads a selection of Poe’s classic stories before a live audience, including The Tell-Tale Heart, The Sphinx, The Cask of Amontillado and The Pit and the Pendulum (with optional English SDH)
• Original Trailer
• Collector’s booklet featuring new writing on the film by Gothic Horror author Jonathan Rigby, illustrated with original archive stills and posters

Pit and the Pendulum front large.jpg

Pit and the Pendulum back large.jpg

Attachments

• Pit Pendulum sm.jpg
    Pit Pendulum sm.jpg
    22.3 KB · Views: 246
Last edited by a moderator:
Pit and the Pendulum [Steelbook] Arrow Video

Pit and the Pendulum [Steelbook] Arrow Video

Release Date: 12 May 2014

Format: Blu-ray

Starring: Vincent Price, Barbara Steele, John Kerr

Directed by: Roger Corman

Price: £14.99

Purchase Link Arrow

PIT_ATP_3D_SB_FRONTANDBACK-500x500.jpg

THE GREATEST TERROR TALE EVER TOLD!

A horse-drawn carriage pulls up on a deserted beach. A sombre figure dismounts and gazes up towards his destination – a foreboding cliff-top castle perched high above the crashing waves. Thus the perfect Gothic scene is set for Pit and the Pendulum, the second of Roger Corman’s celebrated Poe adaptations once again starring the ever-reliable Vincent Price (The Fall of the House of Usher, Theatre of Blood) alongside the bewitching Barbara Steele (Black Sunday).

Having learned of the sudden death of his sister Elizabeth (Steele), Francis Barnard (John Kerr) sets out to the castle of his brother-in-law, Nicholas Medina, to uncover the cause of her untimely demise. A distraught, grief-stricken Nicholas (Price) can offer only the vaguest explanations as to Elizabeth’s death – at first citing “something in her blood”, but later asserting that she quite literally “died of fright”. What sort of unspeakable horrors are buried within the walls of this castle that could cause one’s heart to stop so? With Francis determined to get to the bottom of this mystery, the terrible truth will not stay buried for long.

Right from its brooding kaleidoscopic opening titles, Pit and Pendulum draws you into its world of cobwebs, secret passageways and dusty suits of armour. All the necessary elements are present and correct and, along with one of Vincent Price’s most tortured performances, make Pit and the Pendulum every inch the Gothic melodrama.

Last edited:
Reactions: Shanester
Arrow Video have announced some fantastic new releases
Steelbooks
The Burbs
Pit and the Pendulum
Theatre of Blood
Porky's

Brilliant releases
My wallet going to get hit hard with these must have releases

Last edited:
Excellent announcement from Arrow today! Doubt I'll grab Porkys to be honest but definitely gonna grab the rest. The Pit and the Pendulum is going to look lovely beside The House of Usher.

It's funny, I purchased The City of the Living Dead on standard amaray last week and when it arrived this morning the usual random Arrow art card inside was for The Burbs :D

Pit and the Pendulum [Steelbook]

Price: £14.99 www.arrowfilms.co.uk

Release Date: 12 May 2014
Format: Blu-ray
Starring: Vincent Price, Barbara Steele, John Kerr
Directed by: Roger Corman

SPECIAL FEATURES:

Limited Edition SteelBook packaging
High Definition digital transfer
Newly created exclusive content
Collector’s booklet featuring new writing on the film, archive content and more!
More to be announced closer to the release date.

index.php

Attachments

• Pit and the Pendulum [Steelbook].jpg
    Pit and the Pendulum [Steelbook].jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 263
From Arrow Video
**URGENT EARLY BIRD PRICE UPDATE**
We will be ending our early bird special offers on all Q2 titles earlier than originally anticipated. All early bird prices will now end at 9.30am tomorrow morning. We are really sorry for the short notice but unfortunately this is something that is beyond our control.

If you are intending to take advantage of our special pre-order offers we would advise that you act swiftly to avoid missing out.

Thanks in advance for your understanding and support.

Titles affected are in link below
http://www.arrowfilms.co.uk/shop/ind...tegory&path=66

i bet arrow will have a sale on their site in summer. last time all steelbooks were either 12.99 or 14.99.
as i missed out on pre-order for "phantom of the paradise" and "white of the eye", i think i will wait until their next sale and order all 6 steelbooks from 2014 then...