Last edited by a moderator:
this is what i found on achor bay's homepage:

Evil Dead BD, The Steelbook
Format: Blu-ray
MSRP: $17.99
Runtime: 85min.
Aspect Ratio: 1.85:1

Product Features:

SPECIAL LIMITED EDITION DVD DISC WITH ADDITONAL BONUS FEATURES INCLUDED FOR INITIAL SHIP ONLY! -Widescreen Presentation enhanced for 16x9 TVs -Theatrical Trailer -TV Spots
-Behind the Scenes Footage & Outtakes -Talent Bios -Poster And Still Gallery -All new audio commentary with Director Sam Rami, producer Robert Tapert, & Star Bruce Campbell

Ahhh right so it contains the bonus dvd that was included with the limited first run of the regular bluray.

---------- Post added at 05:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:56 AM ----------

Does it mean it will be region locked again?

Ahhh right so it contains the bonus dvd that was included with the limited first run of the regular bluray.

---------- Post added at 05:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:56 AM ----------

Does it mean it will be region locked again?

Good Question.

So if I now understand correctly, the Steelbook contains a DVD with bonus and a Blu-ray with the film.

The release will be identical to the Amaray by Anchor Bay?

It's something about the artwork known (Front, Back, Inlay)?

Okay that sounds to me ever very good, it's really the same two discs.

But what would interest me much more is the artwork of the Steelbook.

If Anchor Bay choose for the same "green" design as their Amaray, or from Sony Pictures Steelbook "red white"?

I have my Steelbook now just pre-ordered times, since they're is a 2-Disc Edition, and because with the Blu-ray from Anchor Bay Release the aspect ratio "1.33:1" and "1.85:1 could "switch.

Last edited:
This is awesome news. I never bought the UK steel because the US release has both aspect ratios. I have the Limited Edition and the fact that this is the exact same in steelbook form makes this a no-brainer purchase. Finally my Evil Dead 2 and Evil Dead Target steels won't be lonely!

this is what i found on achor bay's homepage:

Evil Dead BD, The Steelbook
Format: Blu-ray
MSRP: $17.99
Runtime: 85min.
Aspect Ratio: 1.85:1

Product Features:

SPECIAL LIMITED EDITION DVD DISC WITH ADDITONAL BONUS FEATURES INCLUDED FOR INITIAL SHIP ONLY! -Widescreen Presentation enhanced for 16x9 TVs -Theatrical Trailer -TV Spots
-Behind the Scenes Footage & Outtakes -Talent Bios -Poster And Still Gallery -All new audio commentary with Director Sam Rami, producer Robert Tapert, & Star Bruce Campbell

Link to the product info page on Anchor Bay's site