[Give-Away] Scorpius 1st giveaway

Sep 19, 2010
Netherlands, Europe
[WINNER CHOSEN] Scorpius 1st giveaway

Hello everyone. Welcome to my first giveaway.
As some of you might know I have a lot of bad luck receiving dented or scratched steelbooks. This week I received my 25th damaged steelbook (Thor: the dark world...thnx Zavvi for the nice spine slash!). This deserves a celebration :oohyeah:
I will giveaway one steelbook that was replaced my Warnerbros France because it was missing a 3D disc.
Hobbit.jpg

The winner will receive The Hobbit: an unexpected journey
This is the French lenticular steelbook. The steelbook is in very good condition and comes with the lenticular magnet and the 2 2D discs. I will include the 2disc holder so you can put in your own 3D discs to complete the steelbook or you can remove it.

How to enter: Share your experience with damaged steelbooks. Perhaps you were lucky and never received one, tell us which titles you received damaged or show it with a picture.

Remember you may only post once in this topic. Multiple posts by one member puts you out of the contest!
Winner will be drawn at random.

The contest ends on my birthday: april 1 (not joking) at 23.59h West European time!
The winner will receive the steelbook by standard shipping. I will pay for worldwide shipping!

Last edited by a moderator:
I ordered 3 copies of The Wrestler from Amazon Canada, and all 3 of them came with dents! I returned them and got 3 more only to find out one of those ones had dents. I was told they had no more to replace it with... :(

Thanks for the bitter memories and the great giveaway!

I count myself lucky. I've never had any major issues, can only think of two times I've received dented steels.

The first time was with Play before they starting to use their boxes. Got Man On Fire along with a couple of other steels packed in one jiffy bag. MoF had a very noticable den on top, but I was a newbie in steelbook collecting so I didn't do anything about it. :p

The other was Withnail and I from Zavvi. Sent them this picture and returned the steel and got a replacement.

bilde23.jpg

Thanks for the giveaway and here's a shot of norwegian aquavit for no more bad luck to you!! :shots:

I ended up getting 3 different copies of the Conjuring steelbook from Zavvi all with the mysterious black line through the title. Every time the next one arrived I had the same conversation who pretend to read customer emails at Zavvi until I eventually relented and kept one of the copies with a partial refund. Infuriating! Cool comp!

I ordered Dredd from Amazon Japan, and it arrived with a large dent in the back.

To their credit - they asked for photos of the damage, and sent a replacement which arrived in perfect condition. A friend had the dented one.

I've had far too many damaged steelbooks from Zavvi. Most are small dents; Zavvi offers me 15% off. I've accepted that a couple of times on cheaper steelbooks, but every time I look at them... When it costs $10 -12 to return a steelbook it is very annoying! Zavvi must have a huge return rate.

And yes, Amazon.ca. They are dreadful. A real last resort option.

Thanks for a great giveaway.

Thank you for the giveaway

I think I've only had to return 2 titles

Avengers assemble (hmv) slashed spine
Evil dead(zavvi) scratch on front about half way down

Both were returned after a long and painful process with zavvi

I have to say I have been quite lucky

Thanks again

Sent from the depths of hell using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Thanks for the giveaway!

I have had only one damaged Steel so far.
Gran Torino from Amazon.ca had a faint spine slash but I'm not that OCD about things!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks!

I am Zavvi free right now, but when I did buy from them I had several problems. One was The Little Mermaid. First one had a scratch on the front, the next had a nice sized dent but the third one was fine. Like many others I also had issues with Commando (paint chip back) and Evil Dead 2 (paint chip/scratches) It´s strange but I rarely got spine slashed steel though...

Cheers!

2 out of 65-ish had some sort of damage, so it's OK.

The first steelbook I bought was the Hulk, it was completly dented in one corner. So I had some fear for the rest to come. BTW it was replaced without any cost and also could keep my damaged one.

Besides that one only a spine splash on Jungle Book

Thanks for the giveaway, I have received just one damaged steelbook, that was The Shining from Zavvi, they did promptly replace it though

2014-02-08 08.45.19.jpg

Ron

Ahhh this is a perfect excuse to vent, but I will refrain from doing so.

I purchased a Toy Story 3 German Steelbook from Amazon.de

It was sent in a single jiffy bag with no added protection.
It was dented in the top left corner (pic below)
The shrinkwrap was slashed (pic below)
And the overall condition of the steelbook was terrible.
2014-02-21 13.59.20.jpg

2014-02-21 13.59.45.jpg

Thanks for the giveaway bud! :)

Ordered a steelbook from Amazon.de, postman pushed it through the letterbox and my dog chewed the hell out of it :(

Fate really did not want me to have this steelbook...

8zah.jpg

iq62.jpg

xlh7.jpg

487u.jpg

...it took four tries with Zavvi to finally get a copy that was not totally FUBAR. I have never had that much of a problem procuring a single undamaged steelbook before.

Thanks for the give away!!!

First, let me say I have been very fortunate and have not received many dented, paint-chipped, or spine-slashed steels. However, one stands out for me that was very upsetting. Blade Runner (Warner Premium Collection UK) from Amazon UK. It had dents, dings, chips and slashes all over it. The most recent experience with dents was my own fault. My 2Fast 2Furious steel from Best Buy had the disc tray upside down, so I tried to modify it by popping it out and placing it back in the right way. Wrong idea. These Fast and Furious steelbooks from Best Buy/Future Shop are paper thin. Not only did I cut myself trying to do it, it dented very easily and I could not fix the dents. Live and learn

Thanks for the giveaway.

Thankfully I haven't received a lot of damaged steelbooks, a few spine slashes here and there and a few paint chips. There is one horrible incident I remember very well though, I ordered Blade from amazon Canada only for it to arrive in very bad condition, thankfully their customer service is impeccable so I got sent another one and was told to keep the damaged one as the return postage would cost too much. Unfortunately the replacement was just as bad and this went back and forth about 3 or 4 times until I eventually settled for one with a tiny dent on the back.

Long story short I got to keep 2 or 3 damaged Blades (which some people actually purchased on ebay for a decent price) and I got a full refund and I got to keep my slightly dented Blade (which I'll get over)

Last edited:
Steelbook collecting is not the most stress free hobby ! I'm sure we are all the same ? We order are most wanted release and wait with eager excitement, in seeing the end product. But you hear the post arrive and your heart stops for a second as you look in the letterbox. What you see is the dreaded Jiffy bag ! Then you have to hope you are one of the lucky ones.
A bit dramatic but must say I have had my fare share. Some photos to (not) enjoy.

hyhu2enu.jpg

7yhe8u4a.jpg

uvy2apav.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Great giveaway:thumbs:

3 spring to mind, ghost protocol, Roger rabbit, iron man play.com, all bought on ebay, all sent in jiffy bags and all had multiple dents. Sold iron man as damaged, sent Roger back and kept ghost protocol ( wasn't offered a refund on ghost and iron man.

:D