[Give-Away] Scorpius 1st giveaway

Sep 19, 2010
Netherlands, Europe
[WINNER CHOSEN] Scorpius 1st giveaway

Hello everyone. Welcome to my first giveaway.
As some of you might know I have a lot of bad luck receiving dented or scratched steelbooks. This week I received my 25th damaged steelbook (Thor: the dark world...thnx Zavvi for the nice spine slash!). This deserves a celebration :oohyeah:
I will giveaway one steelbook that was replaced my Warnerbros France because it was missing a 3D disc.
Hobbit.jpg

The winner will receive The Hobbit: an unexpected journey
This is the French lenticular steelbook. The steelbook is in very good condition and comes with the lenticular magnet and the 2 2D discs. I will include the 2disc holder so you can put in your own 3D discs to complete the steelbook or you can remove it.

How to enter: Share your experience with damaged steelbooks. Perhaps you were lucky and never received one, tell us which titles you received damaged or show it with a picture.

Remember you may only post once in this topic. Multiple posts by one member puts you out of the contest!
Winner will be drawn at random.

The contest ends on my birthday: april 1 (not joking) at 23.59h West European time!
The winner will receive the steelbook by standard shipping. I will pay for worldwide shipping!

Last edited by a moderator:
I've received my share for sure. Usually nothing more than a paint chip or a single small shallow ding that only shows up in the light.

I've always had a few bad ones. Batman and Robin was bent and the spine poked out because of the fold.

Also had the Entertainment Store Walking Dead season 2 show up damaged. I was able to get a replacement from the ES eBay retailer.

I often get damaged steelbooks, mainly from Zavvi. The damage is usually scratches, suprisingly only had a couple of dented steels. The two damaged steelbooks that always annoy me when I look through my collection are the only 2 spine slashes in my collection (all other spine slashed steels have been return and exchanged)

Who Framed Roger Rabbit Zavvi Exclusive, it has a very feint spine slash.
Blade Runner WB Premium Steelbook, has quite a bad deep spine slash.

Most of the scratched or slighty dented steels I have recieved that I have kept I have managed to fix by either using a black sharpie or taking the steel apart and smooshing the dent out.

Thanks for the giveaway!

The first steelbook I ever bought came damaged. It was Children of Men from Zavvi. The entire front was dented. I threw it away and didn't buy another one until I found this site.

The only problem I've had is Shaun of the Dead from Amazon.uk. Due to their shipping it in a stupid plastic bag it was dented in several areas. I am happy to say I did just receive Gone with the wind and Ben Hur and both were shipped in individual cardboard protective cases!!! As a result, they are pristine!!!! I sure hope this is the way they ship from now on.

Last edited:
Great giveaway.

My own bad luck has to do only with captain Phillips, as the disc was loose. It was actually somewhere in that case when I opened it. Other than that, I guess my v for vendetta from amazon ca also came a bit damaged in the spine. Not too serious for me but I'm sure a big deal for serious collectors.

Thanks for the give-away...my badluck with Futureshop deliveries...ordered Memento and it looked good but when i opened it 3 big dents where the j-card was covering it...
it went to the damaged bin...

Thanks for the giveaway!

One of my first two steels in my collection (district 9) was damaged, a big dent. From amazon.de. That doesn't start good i thought, made pictures for them and without much discussion they sent me the raplacement.
Same with star wars from amazon.es and wolfman from .de. But all in all i've been lucky til today. Even with zavvi. Or had luck with the services.

Give-away closed!

1. Necroscope
2. Spass
3. Gusstam
4. pd13159
5. Ebbing
6. Genesisfury
7. Twanky
8. bigwednesday0
9. Hooch
10. Moros
11. Towser
12. KD Scorp
13. cooey
14. Geek Tragedy
15. kbr1656
16. ihategiantspiders
17. jonnie123
18. Jacko
19. chunk
20, M and J
21. davidson
22. Lucky101
23. spiderman
24. claudius181991
25. fishcp2
26. samwinchester10
27. Average Box
28. steveguna
29. Craigy235
30. vivablu
31. denizen
32. Leafs17
33. Colombianlove41
34. PunkNinja
35. stevien
36. Marcuszoller
37. JH2607
38. dfoles
39. Tacozilla
40. serjitank
41. jaws finatic
42. Nymadferry
43. jbsolo
44. andes
45. Brokenauora

And the winner is:
18: JACKO
Hobbit.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Dents were always a problem when ordering from zavvi.
I got a dented Fast and furious five and ordered another one later on and that one turned up worse than the original.

Same was the case with despicable me 2. the first one arrive damaged and after filling up the form and all got a replacement , which again arrived damaged.

thanks for the giveaway.

Thanks Scorpius, very pleased to have won. Really enjoyed reading some of the posts, and looks like we all have are story to share.
One last thing, don't forget to pack it well EEK!

:scat::hilarious::scat: