The Hobbit: The Desolation Of Smaug - Ext. Ed. (3D + 2D Jumbo SteelBook) (Amazon Excl.) [Germany]

morfeusz

Premium Supporter
Jun 23, 2013
Colnbrook UK
Release date: November 13, 2014
Purchase link: Amazon.de
Price: EUR 44,99
Notes: Jumbo Steelbook with 5 discs

02.jpg

01.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Helpful Post
Reactions: ocielz and Drum18
Problem here is, the way I see it, that the "winner" will be the one that is A) Cheapest and B) Jumbo, to keep coherence with the previous one.
Granted that to some price might be a factor less important than to have English name,but bottom line is that, in order to keep coherence with previous one, Jumbo should be a must. I also wouldn't see anyone in any market doing it differently, since it should be 5 discs(if you sell 3D+2D), so jumbo would be mandatory anyways.

I may get this even with the German writing on it. It will depend on what the UK and US get. If either one gets the Smaug artwork, I'll just get it from there.

$50.00 to the USA...Yikes!! Will wait for the cost of the Future shop group buy...but with the cost of shipping from Canada to the USA maybe about the same...Damn an expensive release!
Yeah shipping to the Us the Future Shop exclusive will be the same price. But much more cooler artwork with Smaug and english title.

Just in case anyone needs this info, the languages on this German edition are English, German and Spanish on both 3D and 2D. The 2D edition has Nordic subs and more while 3D only has the same as the spoke languages, plus Turkish, Greek and another I can't make out on the menu of the disc (don't get the language it's written on)

• Informative
Reactions: Ranavalone