Keanu Reeves Open to the Possibility of Coming Back for 'Speed 3'

IRON MAN

E.D.I.T.H.
Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Dec 28, 2012
Everywhere
For years, Keanu Reeves has been asked about the possibility of returning to the Speed franchise. The actor only starred in the original film alongside Sandra Bullock as they both tried to keep control of bus that must maintain its speed of 50 miles an hour or it will explode. Speed 2: Cruise Control happened with only Bullock returning, and Reeves being replaced by the presence of Jason Patric (the movie was not good). But while at Fantastic Fest promoting John Wick (which was loved by both our own Alex Billington and Jeremy Kirk), Reeves was asked whether or not he was ready for Speed 3, and his answer was a little surprising.

Here's the short interview Nerdist had with Reeves, and the Speed 3 bit starts around 52 seconds in:

As you can see, when asked, Reeves responded ""Oh my gosh, Speed 3: Redemption! Sure. You know what I mean? Jack Traven just dusting it off." But when you watch the video, you can see that his tone was a little bit sarcastic. He could be joking, especially since he just told Yahoo last year, "Oh my gosh, no, I think that bus has left." Of course, when you see just how wild John Wick is, it's not hard to imagine that Reeves could have some more crazy fun with Speed 3. And if Reeves is willing to come back for more Bill & Ted action, why not bring Speed back too? At the same time, with the profile of Sandra Bullock's career being much higher than it was when the original Speed came out in 1994, she might not be up for returning this time.

Source

I wish this could happen but it doesn't seem likely.From all i hear of his new action movie, he seems to have his acting groove back.I just don't know where the story could go.They did a ship , bus and sort of a train already.If they did a plane now it would just be like all the other recent plane movies out.

If they did a copycat killer out to get Reeves character when he least suspects it, it might work. Or a remote controlled truck with a bomb on it and they rush to stop it. Or using drones somehow.

If they come up with a witty story, there is a possibility it might work. The crazed copycat killer could inadvertantly reunite most of the characters together if he lures them to a certain destination.

I dunno. Just thinking off the top of my head. :D

Thanks mate.

Now of course, to get a good writer to make a solid Speed 3. Its been 20 years. The only thing that will ever work is a revenge/copycat storyline.