All future French Warner Blu-Ray Steelbooks may be G1 (DVD Size)

Status
Not open for further replies.

digitalbabe

Premium Supporter
Apr 12, 2009
USA
Hi All, since this question comes up quite frequently, I am posting a confirmation received from Mams. He kindly agreed to scan the actual page of a well-respected French magazine, where Warner states that they would definitely be releasing their Blu-Ray Steelbooks in DVD-sized cases. Scroll down to bottom of article (last attachment).

Though we've already seen DVD sized releases, I thought it would be helpful to have a definitive outside source for our forum. As always, all news/studio decisions are subject to change. Thank you Mams, for taking the time to do this and contributing it to our community!

See attachments-

Per Mams:

"It says also that Warner won't change its mind.
All upcoming releases will be DVD-size definitively."

Last edited:
Hey DB - perhaps Mams can share the link for the thumbnails to these pics?
That would be quite helpful.

And yes, this is very disappointing news. But now I don't have to wonder. :(

I think I have a solution :
325.jpg

:hilarious:

Reactions: ThalliumBook
Time to cross France off my list of countries I want steels from. I wonder if all G2 sized steels from France will increase in value due to this news.

Time to cross France off my list of countries I want steels from. I wonder if all G2 sized steels from France will increase in value due to this news.

Not the TF1 ones, but maybe the Gran Torino / Invictus - steels like that might.

Damn them. These aren't dvd's, hence they shouldn't be dvd sized, imo.

Yeah, since most people's collection are DVD sized, and they are combo packs, I understand why they are doing it.

But I really liked some of those blu-sized warner steelies. :movie:

Why not the TF1 ones, because of the forced subs or region locking? That would be cool if my 2012 copy got a bump in value.

Well, there's that and also they put out their own steelbooks, so I would assume that it's still blu-ray sized for them.

At this point, I have not seen TF1 do a combo steelbook.

There's always a first though. :ohno:

EDIT - You also have to remember that some of the more desirable titles are getting their own steelbooks from amazon.ca. It's not like they were selling a lot of the TF1 The Departed steelies... IMO...

Well, there's that and also they put out their own steelbooks, so I would assume that it's still blu-ray sized for them.

At this point, I have not seen TF1 do a combo steelbook.

There's always a first though. :ohno:

EDIT - You also have to remember that some of the more desirable titles are getting their own steelbooks from amazon.ca. It's not like they were selling a lot of the TF1 The Departed steelies... IMO...

Good point, I didn't think of that Andy.

Mams, LOL-no worries we can always work around file sizes-thank you again for taking the time to share the info:)

This sucks... this probably affects the upcoming FS releases (Wave 2) in Canada which means I won't be getting them... which sucks because they supposedly had some good titles coming out. Going to have to read more info on the forums now before buying anything.

This sucks... this probably affects the upcoming FS releases (Wave 2) in Canada which means I won't be getting them... which sucks because they supposedly had some good titles coming out. Going to have to read more info on the forums now before buying anything.

The G1 France thing happened long before the first wave of Warner steelbooks in Canada so I am pretty sure, at this point at least, that it is a France only thing.

Cheers
CrashKelly

Oh ok, that's good then. (Didn't see when the thread started back with the October dates... I only saw it in the Last Exorcism thread and then the one post from recently.) Still good to know to avoid all Warner France titles unless confirmed G2 in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.