The Lone Ranger (Lenticular) (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

snooloui

The 'Negative' Ninja
Premium Supporter
Feb 12, 2012
UK
Release date: March 27, 2017
Purchase link: The Lone Ranger (Pre-orders will be live around 6 PM UK time on March 4)
Price: £17.99

11408851-1374458444985236.jpg

11408851-8144458447643506.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I enjoyed the movie a lot. Got the FNAC edition with booklet but might get this if the finish is to my liking.

Much better than its reputation, the final chase scene is simply breathtaking.
All the elements were decent to great, but the movie turned out to be very uneven and tentative.
Its reason was probably the PG-13 aim...

This film was so bad. I caught it one night on TV and you rapidly loose the will to live... It really is torture trying to sit through it......... Not as bad as The English Patient but not far off in my books...

The original steel is enough for me, although I did actually find this movie to be quite fun... it even made it into Tarantino's Top 10 of 2013, and we all know he's a man of good taste. :D

I actually enjoyed it too, was better than I thought it would be and hammer was decent.

Reminded me of the first pirates (same director)

But it's not good enough for me to double dip plus the art isn't great.

I may change my mind when it hits £9.99 though lol (just to have a version with a title)

• Thanks
Reactions: Noodles
I actually enjoyed it too, was better than I thought it would be and hammer was decent.

Reminded me of the first pirates (same director)

But it's not good enough for me to double dip plus the art isn't great.

I may change my mind when it hits £9.99 though lol (just to have a version with a title)
I wasn't even aware it was the same director... that explains a lot now though, as the action and humour were quite similar.

Must admit that I'll also probably be tempted to buy this if it drops to a very decent price!

• Thanks
Reactions: Flloydo
Yes, definitely the most familiar of all of the original poster designs has been used as inspiration for the front of the new steelbook (and also of course used on the back of the original Zavvi/Disney steelbook released in 2013):-
lone_ranger_ver2.jpg

The original steelbook was nicely done but the shine was taken off it somewhat for me by the spine with its silly single thumbnail.

A reminder of that steelbook here:-
II
V
Original poster artwork for the FRONT (and back SEE ABOVE) as well as the INSIDE where we see all the main characters of the film:-

Steelbook itself is as can be seen of a more interesting design than the new one - the front anyway - and is well printed with lots of metallic reflections on a matte finish base..

This artwork is better than the original, and I still don't own any version of this film, but I gotta say... I'm pretty much bored of these types of releases.

I want the full package deal every time now. Plain Jane steelbooks just don't do it for me anymore.

In fact, I haven't bought a single non-premium package release since 2015. I've just ignored all of them. :bored:

• Thanks
Reactions: phate11
I watched it the one time, never wanted to watch it again, just good enough, not sure why they would release this one twice, definitely on to the next release.

Last edited:
Not as bad as it's reputation, but tonally all over the place. It's worth seeing just to scratch your head over and wonder what the director was thinking. I don't think many people will be falling over themselves to get a reissue of this.