Music on Vinyl 9 ½ Weeks - OST by V.A. (colored vinyl)

dan8885

Premium Supporter
Feb 23, 2014
CGN|GER
Release: February 10, 2017
Purchase: TBA
Price: TBA

Note:
1LP 180 gr audiophile vinyl, first pressing of 1.500 numbered copies on transparent red vinyl, PVC Protective Sleeve

3012_foto2_product_xl.jpg

Every Valentine's Day video stores and online rental outlets are swamped with requests for the film this soundtrack represents. It stars young Kim Basinger as a New York City art gallery employee who has a brief yet intense affair with a mysterious Wall Street broker, acted by Mickey Rourke.

Considered too explicit by its American distributor and was cut for U.S. release, even then the film was a box office bomb in the U.S. However it became a huge success internationally in its unedited version, particularly in Australia, Canada and the United Kingdom. It has acquired a large fan base on video and DVD and developed a cult following.

The main single released from the 9½ Weeks: Original Motion Picture Soundtrack was "I Do What I Do", performed by Duran Duran bass guitarist John Taylor. It gave stage for his first solo singing performance during a hiatus in Duran Duran's career. The song reached #23 on the Billboard Hot 100 and #42 on the U.K. Singles Chart.

The soundtrack also included tracks from Luba, Bryan Ferry, Dalbello, Corey Hart, Joe Cocker, Devo, Eurythmics and Stewart Copeland, whereas the music has been a great influence on the cinematic of certain scenes in the film.

Tracklist:

SIDE A
1. JOHN TAYLOR - I DO WHAT I DO… (THEME FOR 9 ½ WEEKS)
2. LUBA - THE BEST IS YET TO COME
3. BRYAN FERRY - SLAVE TO LOVE
4. DALBELLO - BLACK ON BLACK
5. COREY HART - EURASIAN EYES

SIDE B
1. JOE COCKER - YOU CAN LEAVE YOUR HAT ON
2. DEVO - BREAD AND BUTTER
3. EURYTHMICS - THIS CITY NEVER SLEEPS
4. STEWART COPELAND - CANNES
5. LUBA - LET IT GO