May 3, 2011
Montreal
Release date: February 26, 2019
Purchase link: Best Buy
Price: CDN $44.99 - $29.99

m2229746.jpg
m2229746-1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I believe that is now 3 Disney/Marvel titles being released on Feb. 26 along with Ralph Breaks The Internet and Captain America: The First Avenger. Are they trying to scrounge up the money to cover the Fox takeover?

• Haha
Reactions: Leafs17
I'm passing on $45 Disney releases from now on.

I just hope Avatar 2 isnt $45 when it releases :rofl: That would complicate things.

Does anyone know if this will be in store for pick up on Tuesday? It sold out pretty fast online which makes me believe they limited the copies due to the poor sales of Lion King.

Does anyone know if this will be in store for pick up on Tuesday? It sold out pretty fast online which makes me believe they limited the copies due to the poor sales of Lion King.

My answer will not help you. But the reason The Lion King steelbook did so poorly was because of the way the title is displayed on the front. It's awful and that's why it's still in stock.

It was mentioned in the US thread that The Little Mermaid steelbook was a limited release and it would be hard to get.

I believe it has been a couple of years since a Disney/Marvel/Lucasfilm steelbook was released to Best Buy stores in Canada.

Probably the soonest we would know if it's available in store would be by checking Best Buy's website around this time tomorrow.
It is interesting however that the listings for this and Captain America are still up when they have been sold out for a long time so they could come back in stock online today, Tuesday or Wednesday.

bestbuy canada is known for keeping listings up for months after its sold out

Yes, but I believe that's because there is an available copy in an actual store somewhere after the release date.
Even though the listing may show up for you as "sold out in nearby stores" somebody else may see "available at nearby stores".
That is why those James Bond titles and the First Blood Mondo X still shows up. Of course the reason they're still sitting on a shelf after 2 years is because they're so dinged up nobody will buy them.

bestbuy canada is known for keeping listings up for months after its sold out

Yes, but I believe that's because there is an available copy in an actual store somewhere after the release date.
Even though the listing may show up for you as "sold out in nearby stores" somebody else may see "available at nearby stores".
That is why those James Bond titles and the First Blood Mondo X still shows up. Of course the reason they're still sitting on a shelf after 2 years is because they're so dinged up nobody will buy them.

i think theyre listed as sold out is because bestbuy gives some indefinite time for a listing before it drops. Also, when the first dinged or spine splashed return comes in, i’m sure it will trap the listing on the system just like the james bonds and first blood mondos you speak of.

i think theyre listed as sold out is because bestbuy gives some indefinite time for a listing before it drops. Also, when the first dinged or spine splashed return comes in, i’m sure it will trap the listing on the system just like the james bonds and first blood mondos you speak of.

Some titles do disappear right away. Such as A Star Is Born 4K, Nutcracker and the Four Realms (English), The Grinch, How To Train Your Dragon 2, Venom. The odd thing about The Grinch, How To Train Your Dragon 2, and Venom is that there are dinged up copies of these at my local store.

Maybe they didn’t properly input the return in the system. anyways way too much time spent on their local database structure lol. i need a little mermaid!

• Thanks
Reactions: Stygian